Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

How is Koeman still in a job lol. I get that Messi is Messi but seriously. 

Their squad is utter shite.  Benfica have actually started this season really well.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I saw a clip of him today saying he would have replaced Salah with Sancho this season. A great take that has aged like milk 

Sancho was our best player aside from De Gea I thought. I was raging when he took him off, but all his subs were great and all contributed massively. I wish the rest of the squad (Bruno aside) had even 10% of Cavani's workrate.

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

It’s not great but I wouldn’t go that far. Certainly not as bad as he’s making them look. 

They are unbeaten in the league, just shocking in the CL.

Just now, Froggy said:

Sancho was our best player aside from De Gea I thought. I was raging when he took him off, but all his subs were great and all contributed massively. I wish the rest of the squad (Bruno aside) had even 10% of Cavani's workrate.

Yous need to always play at a high tempo because you have dangerous players who can capitalise on a range of opportunities when any team plays a high tempo game as Ronaldo showed tonight. I don’t think OGS is tactically astute to try and play some kind of structured/sophisticated game plan at the higher level.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

It’s an absurd take though, Salah has 5 goals already. Has 100 goals in the PL. Advocating replacing him with Sancho is brain dead to say the least. 

Oh aye it's one of the worst opinions I've ever heard, I just think Sancho will be great. 

Salah is a monster. Not sure I'd trade him for anyone if I were Liverpool except maybe Mbappe or Haaland. Someone already established but young. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m on the fence with Sancho, definitely a good player but bundesliga does over inflate attacking stats, could even argue it for Haaland to a degree. Salah has to go down as Aguero levels of PL legend imo 

Sancho’s one of my favourite players, along with Foden. I’m pretty certain next season he’s gonna be one of the best players in the league.

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ole's subs were really good, agreed.

I think at the moment he's trying to fit all your best players in together and it's not quite working, or he hasn't quite figured out the right combination.

The main issue is Pogba, who I think has to play in that free role on the left. Every time he is played in central areas, you look vulnerable through the middle of the pitch on counter attacks.

16 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Massive let off that’ll keep Ole going, a bit like Bruce with us. Perfect. Keep him there forever.

Me and the manyoo lad at work just had this exact discussion.  He reckons they'll likely go on a run now and then fuck up a couple of games later down the line, closely followed by a flukey win that staves off the pressure.  Rinse and repeat.  He's not anti-Nostaljaer either he can just see things for what they are.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

41 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Me and the manyoo lad at work just had this exact discussion.  He reckons they'll likely go on a run now and then fuck up a couple of games later down the line, closely followed by a flukey win that staves off the pressure.  Rinse and repeat.  He's not anti-Nostaljaer either he can just see things for what they are.

if they play like they have been then they won’t get many points from their next five!

Everton at home, Leicester City away, Liverpool at home, Tottenham Hotspur away and Manchester City at home