Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Again, that handball wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Disagree, he clearly controlled the ball with his hand which then resulted in a goal. It's not one of those mad deflections and the team benefitted from it.

Still not sure where on his arm it hit though... could’ve been his sleeve 🤷‍♂️

Guest neesy111

Isnt that the wrong interpretation of the rules now? Doesn't the handball have to come immediately before the goal is scored, id argue Laportes shot comes in a different phase after the Jesus handball

I don't even know what the rules are now. :lol:

Again, that handball wasn't a clear and obvious error.

Disagree, he clearly controlled the ball with his hand which then resulted in a goal. It's not one of those mad deflections and the team benefitted from it.

Still not sure where on his arm it hit though... could’ve been his sleeve 🤷‍♂️

Maybe but i thought you could see the lower forearm recoil from the impact of it a bit. I think he was trying to shoulder it down and it bouched from shoulder down onto arm.

Good point on BT actually, VAR is meant to be for identifying clear and obvious errors, not to get the correct decision. So under that rule, he shouldn’t have changed his mind.

That's correct, but it hasn't been used like that since it's been introduced.

Yep. Another example of not applying the rules :lol:

I’m not 100% sure if that is a rule though

Was that not a buzz word used ages ago it’s moved on from that- everyone says this clear and obvious thing but it isn’t actually a rule. It actually just gets used to change any decision if possibly wrong - otherwise why would they even have the monitors on the side

Might be wrong like

Guest neesy111

Good point on BT actually, VAR is meant to be for identifying clear and obvious errors, not to get the correct decision. So under that rule, he shouldn’t have changed his mind.

Was that not a buzz word used ages ago it’s moved on from that- everyone says this clear and obvious thing but it isn’t actually a rule. It actually just gets used to change any decision if possibly wrong - otherwise why would they even have the monitors on the side

Might be wrong like

It is clear and obvious according to the PL.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297392

Might be wrong like

yeah it's all a mess. I'm honestly in favour of VAR being on a limited number of appeals from either manager to reduce the number of really pedantic calls same as cricket. I also think penalties should only be awarded for handballs that prevent a goal not some random bounce at edge of area. Stopping a goal being awarded when a ball is controlled by an arm feels it working as intented this time though.

Guest neesy111

Might be wrong like

yeah it's all a mess. I'm honestly in favour of VAR being on a limited number of appeals from either manager to reduce the number of really pedantic calls same as cricket. I also think penalties should only be awarded for handballs that prevent a goal not some random bounce at edge of area. Stopping a goal being awarded when a ball is controlled by an arm feels it working as intented this time though.

:thup:

Isnt that the wrong interpretation of the rules now? Doesn't the handball have to come immediately before the goal is scored, id argue Laportes shot comes in a different phase after the Jesus handball

That’s what I thought too. If Laporte had handballed it then it gets disallowed whereas last year it would’ve been if Jesus had handballed it.

At least that’s what I thought.

Is it just me or are all the good goal scorers at the moment proponents of either passing it in or wacking into top corner, or nice curlers nothing wrong with any of course but feels like there aren't many going for awesome dainty lobs into the net

I'm sure if spurs win this it will be hailed as a mourinho masterclass.

Still pisses me off that Rafa got so much stick for how he set up against Man City with a far inferior squad to what this spurs team is. Weaker City team aswell now compared to back then.

That win when rondon I think got one of the goals, was tactically magnificent.

I vaguely remember Neville very publically slagged Rafa off for not "having a go" more when we narrowly lost in a previous game.

Is it just me or are all the good goal scorers at the moment proponents of either passing it in or wacking into top corner, or nice curlers nothing wrong with any of course but feels like there aren't many going for awesome dainty lobs into the net

Too many Dinho Lads about for casual finishes like dinky lobs.