Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

2-0 Palace, Gallagher scores

Break the bank for him if we can at some point, such a good player.

Just now, Mike said:

Dead impressed with him, tbh.

I’d never heard of him until this season, he looks the real deal. Chelsea have an insane turnover of young talent not only out on loan at other clubs, but in their own squad too. I hope we replicate their model some day.

4 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Hes been exceptional today, first time i'm seeing him for a whole game. Palace in general, Vieira has them playing some great high energy stuff

Vieira has surprised me, the transformation in their play and philosophy is insane in just a few months, but hey it takes years to do that eh Bruce…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Disco said:

He likely wouldn’t move. Turned down Leeds as he wanted to stay in London.

Southern soft cunt then 

1 minute ago, Village Idiot said:

And Celta equalizes in the 96th minute.

We have been dire in the second half. Even accounting for the injuries. 

May In interest you in what Barcelona needs, a La Masia graduate RB with passion, Hector Bellerin for 100 million?

The obvious solution is to get rid of Ole and get a manager that's capable of coaching his players, that has an understanding of tactics, that has an identity and can get players to buy into that.

However they won't get rid of him, at least not yet, they've had plenty of opportunity to do that before and not taken it. Getting schooled of City isn't a shock, so why would this be the final straw? 

He'll probably get a result against Watford and Chelsea, his job secure but then mess up again, then rinse and repeat.

What I will say is that he has done a good job overall, when you consider the situation the team were in. He has assembled a good squad, strengthening many areas but the improvements they made were due to his man management and individuals stepping up but that only gets you so far. Being mates with the players, especially after Mourinho was a prick to them works for a while but to compete at the top you need more about you, he doesn't have that and never will. 

Long may it continue cos I don't like Man-U because a good manager with a 1-2 additions can get this squad competing.