Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Forgot how much I hated Ronaldo. He's the oldest player on the field, probably the strongest one too, yet acts like such fucking baby. It's infuriating. :lol: 

Professional footballers renowned for their integrity and not trying to win free kicks and pens by any means necessary. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Professional footballers renowned for their integrity and not trying to win free kicks and pens by any means necessary. :lol:

I know. Doesn't make it any less infuriating though :lol: It's not only diving and moaning. You also never see him giving praise to team mates if they make a good pass for him and HE fucks something up. Just minor stuff like that as well, at his age and reknown in the game you'd hope he would take more responsibility within the squad.

5 hours ago, Nate said:

Anti-vaxxers already going wild because Lindelof appeared to be having heart palpitations.

Has it actually been established whether there has been a spike in athletes suffering heart problems this year? Anecdotally it does feel as though there are more reports of it.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/dec/01/blog-posting/theres-no-proof-covid-19-vaccines-are-causing-heal/

12 hours ago, Conjo said:

I know. Doesn't make it any less infuriating though :lol: It's not only diving and moaning. You also never see him giving praise to team mates if they make a good pass for him and HE fucks something up. Just minor stuff like that as well, at his age and reknown in the game you'd hope he would take more responsibility within the squad.

He's not as bad as Bruno. Majestic footballer but the biggest whinging cunt I've ever seen. :lol:

14 hours ago, Nate said:

Anti-vaxxers already going wild because Lindelof appeared to be having heart palpitations.

Has it actually been established whether there has been a spike in athletes suffering heart problems this year? Anecdotally it does feel as though there are more reports of it.

Of the ones that get cited, Wyke is unvaccinated, Fleck didn't suffer from heart issues and Aguero had COVID. Its far more likely COVID is causing the issues.

To be clear, I wasn’t implying a link with the vaccine, rather asking whether there had been any actual spike in these incidents.

The conspiracies spread like wildfire so more should probably be being done to combat them. The myocarditis/pericarditis issue doesn’t help.

Le Tissier going all-in on it :anguish:

Thought there was quite a few incidents in the past with players having heart problems, which is common in a competitive sport played all around the world, from what i can remember Marc Vivien-Foe, Fabrice Muamba and our very own Chieck Tiote all  had major heart issues, two of those results in death and Muamba was very lucky to survive, its common amongst fans as well but these days there seems to be more emphasize on stopping play and making sure they are dealt with immediately and rightly so in my opinion

26 minutes ago, Nate said:

To be clear, I wasn’t implying a link with the vaccine, rather asking whether there had been any actual spike in these incidents.

The conspiracies spread like wildfire so more should probably be being done to combat them. The myocarditis/pericarditis issue doesn’t help.

Le Tissier going all-in on it :anguish:

I didn't think that's what you were implying, but that's what the anti-vaxxers are. We need to 'do our research' though.

They also trott out that bogus study that stated there was 300% increase in sportsman deaths this year.

Edited by The Prophet

Iro the fans, it's something that's going to become more and more prevalent. Over the next 20 years we will have a greater proportion of at-risk people attending matches than we have ever seen in this country. The population is generally aging anyway and those who are retired have more disposable income than previous generations to spend on things like going to the match. Football tends to produce moments of high excitement/drama/tension and that heightens the risk further.

I've been thinking about this since the Spurs game when my initial instinct was that I found it hard to stomach that a) the game initially continued for several minutes whilst an individual was being given chest compressions only metres away and b) the game kicked off again. But having reflected, finishing the game really was the right thing to do. I also think the PL would do well to look at implementing and rehearsing a pre-defined protocol for when there is an incident in the crowd because I don't think it's going away.

The above is, of course, before we even take into account the potential effects of long covid or vaccines (delete as applicable dependent on if you wear a bronx or tin hat to the match.)

Tl;dr- should be a defib kit under every seat in the East Stand imo.

On the jabs: I've seen 1 case where it was pretty undeniable a young un has severe heart failure as a result of the jab. We've had a few heart attacks where it's been clots in the absence of disease. There's a rise in heart attacks with no cardiac disease too, but that might be due to improved diagnostic procedures.