Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, neesy111 said:

We need to get past the Rafa love now.  I think many don't want him back now.

Had his moment, me thinks. Love him for what he did here and we'd have been better off (arguably he as well), if we stuck together. 

If you look at Mourinho, a manager who has won more than Rafa, currently 8th in Serie A and still don't think some of these managers are not what they once were then I am not sure what to say

Rafa is a case of what could have been that people are still romantic about. I love the guy and to a large extent still rate his ability but its clear the game now has fresher managers with fresher ideas.

Edited by Amir_9

3 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

If you look at Mourinho, a manager who has won more than Rafa, currently 8th in Serie A and still don't think some of these managers are not what they once were then I am not sure what to say

Rafa is a case of what could have been that people are still romantic about. I love the guy but its clear the game now has fresher managers with fresher ideas.

tbf to Rafa he's inherit a squad with many questionable buys and has been given zero cash to make it his own.  The odd player that he has been able to bring in arguably have been their best Gray, Townsend.  The whole squad needs a total re-haul. 

Edited by duo

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

We need to get past the Rafa love now.  I think many don't want him back now.

Agreed, I love the man and would have taken him in a heartbeat if he was available post Bruce, but I’m fully behind Howe who sadly, I think will be the right man for us in the Championship next season. Rafa would be the right man for us right now to keep us up, but it’s not happening and nor should it!

Just now, duo said:

tbf to Rafa he's inherit a squad with many questionable buys and has been give zero cash to make it his own.

Rafa took the job knowing this, and praised the owner for his ambition/vision & the quality of their squad when he first arrived. He shouldn't get any slack for this imo.

22 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Rafa took the job knowing this, and praised the owner for his ambition/vision & the quality of their squad when he first arrived. He shouldn't get any slack for this imo.

Correct , too many making excuses for failure , we need to get out of this .

Everton have become fucking horrendous