Brentford vs Newcastle - 22/12/2020 - 5:30pm - Live on Sky Sports

Infinitely Content

I recognise it’s pathetic but I hope we lose this one which is a shame because I really like a lot of our players. Scraping through this cup and getting outplayed in the process by lower league clubs has been hailed as some sort of Bruce success. I feel like this is the last thing he can cling to at the minute.

If we play Wilson in this given how reliant we are on him would he madness.

Which of our players do you like out of interest? Apart from Almiron and Wilson there aren’t really many likeable players in the team imo

Most to be honest. The core that was here under Benitez mainly, and we added some good characters like ASM. In terms of quality and squad togetherness I think we’re a strong unit. It’s like chalk and cheese compared to the main players that took us down last time. With a decent manager I think we could achieve far more than what we have and be much more interesting to watch. Top 10 maybe.

Same thoughts here tbh.

We're about to play in a cup quarter final against lower league opposition, a strong chance to get into a cup semi since fuck knows how long, 2005? I should be frothing with excitement about it, but I'm going into it with no hope expecting to lose. All the hope sucked out of it all. Bruce, that.

Embarrassing defeat written all over this one

3-0 Toney Hattrick, sub 40% possession, 4 shots, 1 on target

Just need excuse bingo:

Don't want to make excuses...

Covid

Unhelpful media reports of dressing room unrest

Tough game against Fulham

Brentford are a really good side

Can't change overnight

The lad had a point to prove

Rested players for some tough games over xmas

Science

It’s a win win for me.

We win and we are in to a semi final and if we lose to a championship side the pressure and unrest mounts on Bruce with Liverpool and Man City to come

GDM I simply cant get excited for this.I’m glad there’s a match on, it helps with the boredom ....just  :lol:

We all know even if we scrape through this we will get beat in a semi , no doubt about it and Bruce gets let off.

So a defeat will heap pressure on him, with the losses coming up together with pandemic troubles our fan base in 10 days time will be frothing for his head so if you want Bruce out this is a must not win, your only glimmer of hope , if he wins he’s here for a while yet.

It’s a win win for me.

We win and we are in to a semi final and if we lose to a championship side the pressure and unrest mounts on Bruce with Liverpool and Man City to come

GDM I simply cant get excited for this.I’m glad there’s a match on, it helps with the boredom ....just  :lol:

We all know even if we scrape through this we will get beat in a semi , no doubt about it and Bruce gets let off.

So a defeat will heap pressure on him, with the losses coming up together with pandemic troubles our fan base in 10 days time will be frothing for his head so if you want Bruce out this is a must not win, your only glimmer of hope , if he wins he’s here for a while yet.

I hear you. Tho I’d rather be in a semi final regardless of who the manager is and when I’m saying adding pressure on him I’m just thinking of mimms last post really when he hinted at PIF putting pressure on Ashley to get rid of Bruce

I'd happily skip an inevitable semi final loss as we won't hear the end of how Bruce got us to semi-final since goodness how long, completely overlooking the fact we got outplayed by Blackburn at home and won, we got outplayed by Newport and scraped through on penalties and somehow fluke a win tonite.

Lose tonight and we'll go back to taking loses in the league and still listening to his media pals saying how good Bruce has been for us.

I'd happily skip an inevitable semi final loss as we won't hear the end of how Bruce got us to semi-final since goodness how long, completely overlooking the fact we got outplayed by Blackburn at home and won, we got outplayed by Newport and scraped through on penalties and somehow fluke a win tonite.

Lose tonight and we'll go back to taking loses in the league and still listening to his media pals saying how good Bruce has been for us.

Will be good if we win regardless of Bruce man -

Not letting that guy ruin my whole life

Semi and a takeover would be nice

Might lead to another semi

Guest reefatoon

The thought of Bruce being the manager in charge when we win a trophy makes me feel sick. We would never hear the end of it. So for that, I won’t be arsed in the slightest to see a Brentford win. I can wait a bit longer.

I'm quite conflicted, I don't like going out of cup competitions, but the thought of winning our first cup under Bruce makes me feel ill. Not that it's ever going to happen, but still...

So will be nice to win, but a humiliating exit for Bruce would also have some appeal.