Elliot Anderson

joeyt

This guy is built like a grown man. Seriously powerful build for his age.

Love his game intelligence and fearlessness too. He is going to be really good in time. No doubt about it.

33 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Looks so much better out wide IMO. Really good performance tonight

Yeah, played that season at Bristol Rovers on that side and so just has more first team experience there and it showed.

Think he'll still prove to be quite versatile as he continues to develop, which will be valuable.

Edited by KaKa

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, played that season at Bristol City on that side and so just has more first team experience there and it showed.

Think he'll still prove to be quite versatile as he continues to develop, which will be valuable.

*Rovers :)

He was on fire tonight. That's the boy I remember seeing playing on loan last year. Was such a threat coming in from the left, Forest couldn't handle him. That driving dribble in their area was really something. Allan who?

1 minute ago, 80 said:

*Rovers :)

He was on fire tonight. That's the boy I remember seeing playing on loan last year. Was such a threat coming in from the left, Forest couldn't handle him. That driving dribble in their area was really something. Allan who?

Oof! Updated it now!

Yeah, he was really good.

Should have dived when his shirt was pulled. Sell him. 

Jokes aside. He made a huge difference when he came on and they struggled to contain him. Such a shame that his header was disallowed but I'm sure he will be delighted with his performance and I hope Eddie continues to play him LW rather than a CM.

6 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Wide left seems to be his most effective position, he played there in his Bristol Rovers loan spell I believe? Would love to see more from this guy in the remaining games.

Yeah, he played LW for BR pretty much the entire time AFAIK.  

Morning Ladies and Gents

Ive been a gashead since 1957 and had to come on here after watching young Anderson’s second half cameo last night.

A brilliant performance from him and having watched him in his various sub roles etc this season, great to see him at last played in his proper position. Out wide on the left and not stuck in the centre of midfield. 
Very pleased for all your fans to see what the young man can do, long may it continue.

I hope you can all see now why gasheads called him the geordie maradona, always calling for the ball and breaking into the area from that left side.

Good luck to you and young Eliot for the rest of the season and the future.

UTG!

Edited by Bidefordgas

One thing I was really impressed with him yesterday, was the run he made to get through on goal, I know he slipped, but the intelligent run across the line behind the defense was top quality. 

Good to see Eddie acknowledge Elliott's mental toughness last night, the lad is clearly up for it, and believes he can deliver right now in the Premier. Fuck sending him out on loan.

15 hours ago, KaKa said:

This guy is built like a grown man. Seriously powerful build for his age.

Love his game intelligence and fearlessness too. He is going to be really good in time. No doubt about it.

This is why I have no problem with him staying here this season despite people saying it's a year of his career wasted. 

It's a year of intense training under Howe and playing against some of the most physical players in the league each day. There's so much to learn from that.