Elliot Anderson

joeyt

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think this is a more accurate comparison 

Aye. Same marine haircut and aggressive stare like he’s trying to read a numberplate in the distance. 

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Always struggle to place what type of player he is, but it's just dawned on me that he reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley and that's the type of player he could be, with the level depending on him. 

Interesting comparison, and like a bolt from the gods, it's just struck me that while he lacks the running power and pace with the ball which Barkley had when he broke through as a youngster, still in build and gait Anderson is markedly similar.

15 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Interesting comparison, and like a bolt from the gods, it's just struck me that while he lacks the running power and pace with the ball which Barkley had when he broke through as a youngster, still in build and gait Anderson is markedly similar.

[emoji38]

Barkley had amazing balance and control. Wasn’t great at getting his head and passing the ball though.

Elliott is decent running with the ball but scans the field well and looks like he makes good early decisions.

Gotta feel for the guy though. Imagine how many minutes he would've played during our crisis if it wasn't for that freak injury.

Edited by Erikse

Lovely reading in here this morning like. He’s mint and he’s probably still gaining match sharpness.

After the pre-season he had I really thought this was his major breakthrough season. Better late than never I suppose.

16 hours ago, joeyt said:

He reminds me of a young Ross Barkley for some reason. 

Great game today

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Always struggle to place what type of player he is, but it's just dawned on me that he reminds me a lot of Ross Barkley and that's the type of player he could be, with the level depending on him. 

Ffs

When the goals come they’re going to come properly. He’s going to get a lot on that left hand side of the penalty area, cutting back into a bit of space and rifling in some shots 

like someone said earlier, he was looking sharp pre season. let’s hope this is him picking up where he left off. got good feet and vision this lad 

• 2 weeks later...

one extreme to another on here.

not the worst player on the pitch.

he's a kid who hasnt played much this season.

give him a chance.

looking forward to the harvey barnes thread. shite, great, probabaly now shite again.