Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle United - 18/01/2021 - post match from p22

Disco

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “We gave as good as we got and got into ourselves some decent opportunities but that little bit of confidence has ebbed away for sure. We were caught in the second half where we didn’t see it coming from the first-half performance.

“I certainly think in the first half we got ourselves into decent positions but that little bit of quality has gone as a confidence thing and that happens when you are on a run like we are.

“The only way it comes back is with a couple of victories. We just have to keep working at it.

“We have tried. To win a game you have to score a goal. We always knew we entering a really difficult run of games. To play Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester City we always knew it was going to be difficult against these top teams.

“You have seen their [the players] approach. We are disappointed because we have been caught trying to get forward. Two passes and they are in on our goal. That is something we have to learn from and understand. The reason we have been defending deep was to avoid situations like that. We have to get the balance right and we will keep working on it."

On his own position: “I am trying to do the best I possibly can as always but you will have to ask others about that.”

Wtf :lol:

‘Nah lads, you’re too deep, everyone up to try and score. Oh fuck, nah nah too far that way now, try standing in the middle’

I haven't got a clue how any of you still have the inclination to put a scintilla of emotional investment into this anymore. You're all still having the same conversations you were ten years ago.

"I sure hope someone goes on Sky and explains that we don't expect to qualify for the Champions League!"

Just give it up.

I do something even stupider. I try to deprogram supporters of other clubs who've been brainwashed into mindlessly repeating those Safe Media Opinions To Have About Newcastle e.g. "they want 4th every year" "bruce is doing better than rafa" "pardew was set to win the nobel peace price for fluking 5th but toon fans petitioned against it" etc. I don't know why I do. I haven't the time or energy and most people are too thick to wise up even after watching the horrific dross on display.

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “We gave as good as we got and got into ourselves some decent opportunities but that little bit of confidence has ebbed away for sure. We were caught in the second half where we didn’t see it coming from the first-half performance.

“I certainly think in the first half we got ourselves into decent positions but that little bit of quality has gone as a confidence thing and that happens when you are on a run like we are.

“The only way it comes back is with a couple of victories. We just have to keep working at it.

“We have tried. To win a game you have to score a goal. We always knew we entering a really difficult run of games. To play Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester City we always knew it was going to be difficult against these top teams.

“You have seen their [the players] approach. We are disappointed because we have been caught trying to get forward. Two passes and they are in on our goal. That is something we have to learn from and understand. The reason we have been defending deep was to avoid situations like that. We have to get the balance right and we will keep working on it."

On his own position: “I am trying to do the best I possibly can as always but you will have to ask others about that.”

That first paragraph is absolute utter fucking fiction.

I haven't got a clue how any of you still have the inclination to put a scintilla of emotional investment into this anymore. You're all still having the same conversations you were ten years ago.

"I sure hope someone goes on Sky and explains that we don't expect to qualify for the Champions League!"

Just give it up.

This. Basically at the battered spouse level now.

How's the battered grouse did ye say?

Stifler had a go at the ref yet?

Me having a go at the referee is almost as relentless as you provoking people in any given thread on here.

You seem to think that you know everything and drop in every thread (both football and general chat) to say something on a subject you have displayed no previous interest or knowledge in just to give the impression that you know more than everyone else on the subject.

People are starting to get annoyed by it.

Guest neesy111

Me having a go at the referee is almost as relentless as you provoking people in any given thread on here.

You seem to think that you know everything and drop in every thread (both football and general chat) to say something on a subject you have displayed no previous interest or knowledge in just to give the impression that you know more than everyone else on the subject.

U ok hun?

U ok hun?

See, some people who I have spoken too about it have tried to defend you by saying you don’t know what you are doing or don’t realise.

I think your response there just provides evidence to my point that you do know, do realise, and do it to provoke people.

Half 1 in the morning man and you are spending your time going out of your way to name check me and provoke me.

I’m done.

That first paragraph is absolute utter fucking fiction.

I think the only time we got into a good position all half was when Almiron dribbled the ball 50 yards to get there on his own rather than good team play. The man is awful.

Guest neesy111

Name those people then?

U ok hun?

See, some people who I have spoken too about it have tried to defend you by saying you don’t know what you are doing or don’t realise.

I think your response there just provides evidence to my point that you do know, do realise, and do it to provoke people.

Half 1 in the morning man and you are spending your time going out of your way to name check me and provoke me.

I’m done.

:thup:

Name those people then?

Penn