Newcastle Utd. V Leeds Utd. 6pm kick off live on BT Sport 26th Jan

GWN

Everyone on tenterhooks, waiting for Ando's team news :lol:

I reckon Joelington (f*** knows why), Fraser and one (if not both) of the Longstaffs will be playing. Just a guess mind.

I can see Joelinton starting because Carroll and Wilson looked absolute rubbish together but think we'd be better off playing Almiron as a #10 instead.

Wouldn’t disagree with that especially as Joelington is just utter shit, but, we all know Bruce and I wouldn’t be surprised if Almiron was on the bench.

When everyone is fit, our best formation is 4-2-3-1 and I say that because it is the one formation where our best players play in their best positions.

So many times this season we've shoehorned players in to positions they can't play just to get them on the team sheet.

GK - Dubravka

RB - Yedlin

CB - Lascelles

CB - Clark

LB - Lewis

DM - Hayden

DM - Matty/Sean

RW - Fraser

AM - Almiron

LW - ASM

CF - Wilson

We should just stick with that and when someone is injured keep the same formation/game plan and replace like for like i.e. Manquillo for Yedlin, Murphy for ASM, Joelinton for Miggy etc.

Changing formation every other game (along with sitting off, not pressing etc) is just destroying any chance of cohesion or fluidity.

Why play 5 at the back at Villa when we only had two fit CB's? It makes no sense.

When everyone is fit, our best formation is 4-2-3-1 and I say that because it is the one formation where our best players play in their best positions.

So many times this season we've shoehorned players in to positions they can't play just to get them on the team sheet.

GK - Dubravka

RB - Yedlin

CB - Lascelles

CB - Clark

LB - Lewis

DM - Hayden

DM - Matty/Sean

RW - Fraser

AM - Almiron

LW - ASM

CF - Wilson

We should just stick with that and when someone is injured keep the same formation/game plan and replace like for like i.e. Manquillo for Yedlin, Murphy for ASM, Joelinton for Miggy etc.

Changing formation every other game (along with sitting off, not pressing etc) is just destroying any chance of cohesion or fluidity.

Why play 5 at the back at Villa when we only had two fit CB's? It makes no sense.

Would agree with it in principle, but Clark is injured (I think) and Schar has been too sloppy to play in a 2 man cb partnership. Much as I like him, he doesn't look like he wants to be out there.

GK - Dubravka

RB - Yedlin

CB - Lascelles

CB - Clark

LB - Lewis

DM - Hayden

DM - Matty/Sean

RW - Fraser

AM - Almiron

LW - ASM

CF - Wilson

Would agree with it in principle, but Clark is injured (I think) and Schar has been too sloppy to play in a 2 man cb partnership. Much as I like him, he doesn't look like he wants to be out there.

Yeah I get Clark is injured and ASM not fit enough to start at the moment.

On that basis I'd bring in Murphy and Schar. I also agree Schar struggles in a 4, but we need Hayden's legs in midfield to get around the pitch. He's our only midfielder that actually puts his foot in.

Either way, Hendrick and Shelvey should be real last resort stuff. Young Anderson should be in ahead of them given how bad they've both been (neither of them can run) and how encouraging his cameos have been when coming on as a sub.

With the exception of a few (Darlow and the centre halves), I've given up trying to predict his teams - and yesterday's "it was his turn to miss out" comment didn't help!

I can see Dubs coming in tonight after the 1st on Saturday

Think I'll text my clairvoyant skills again for tonight's team see if I can have another lucky guess at predicting all 11,feel free to have ago lads

Dubs; Schar, Lascelles. Hayden; Krafth, Ritchie; M Longstaff, Hendrick; Fraser, ASM; Wilson

Guest Howaythetoon

Think I'll text my clairvoyant skills again for tonight's team see if I can have another lucky guess at predicting all 11,feel free to have ago lads

tgarve[/member] nowhere to be seen again, not even on the bench? That’s my guess!