Graeme Jones

loki679

3 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Needs peddling. All about him. 

Don't think he has made it about him tbh. He isn't the one asking the questions or putting the narratives out there in the press. He has been pretty humble imo. Happy to have him remain as a coach as stated before. Think he has a lot to offer in that role. 

17 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Won't criticise him at all for how we play but the fact there hasn't seem been any improvement in the team fitness levels is inexcusable. 

I will certainly criticise him for it and his abortion of team selections. The bloke was a massive part of the problem under Bruce and it has been plain to see this during the last three games. He needs kicked out asap or dropped down to a lower level. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I will certainly criticise him for it and his abortion of team selections. The bloke was a massive part of the problem under Bruce and it has been plain to see this during the last three games. He needs kicked out asap or dropped down to a lower level. 

I do find some of his digs at Bruce a tad hollow. Surely if he wanted he could have had them in for extra days training even if Bruce wallowed at home chilling.

But who knows what happened behind closed doors, happy if Howe wants to give him a role. 

30 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I am surprised there's not been more intensity in the team, hence why I question the fitness levels, but I didn't think he'd come anyway near undoing whats been (or hasn't been) instilled into the team these past 2 years, I think our issues on the field go way past tactics, formations, style of play and team selections tbh. 

Edited by Thumbheed

8 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I am surprised there's not been more intensity in the team, hence why I question the fitness levels, but I didn't think he'd come anyway near undoing whats been (or hasn't been) instilled into the team these past 2 years, I think our issues on the field go way past tactics, formations, style of play and team selections tbh. 

That's the defference with your opinion against mine, I'm fully of opinion that he is a major part to play on both fronts. 

1 hour ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

Would really like him to stay on as a coach. Hopefully Howe has a place for him, some people just don’t cut it as manager. 

Fine, he doesn't cut it as a manager. But what's the excuse for the team selection? Or formation? Or lack of pressing?

You don't need to be a "manager" to put the right 11 players on the pitch and tell them to press the opposition. It's a fundamental failing. Literally any of us could've done that. Any of us.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Fine, he doesn't cut it as a manager. But what's the excuse for the team selection? Or formation? Or lack of pressing?

You don't need to be a "manager" to put the right 11 players on the pitch and tell them to press the opposition. It's a fundamental failing. Literally any of us could've done that. Any of us.

Quite simple really, there isn't an excuse. It's his opinion on how to set the team up, and we don't like it. The thing is, is that he's not the permanent manager, and he's taken the role on temporarily, so what we're doing here is criticism of something he wasn't employed to do in the first place. Any of us could tell the team to press, but he might be thinking they're not fit enough therefore he's doing what he can to salvage points until the permanent manager comes in. Or, he might just be clueless, either way it's not his fault.

Chelsea was a write off. Palace and Brighton have just pulled off massive results against City and Liverpool respectively, who in turn have both pissed all over Man United in recent games.

We've been incredibly uninspiring but I'd definitely argue that Jones has got us more competitive and harder to break down.

Anyway, long live the King.

Just now, STM said:

Chelsea was a write off. Palace and Brighton have just pulled off massive results against City and Liverpool respectively, who in turn have both pissed all over Man United in recent games.

We've been incredibly uninspiring but I'd definitely argue that Jones has got us more competitive and harder to break down.

Anyway, long live the King.

Two more points than we would’ve got under Bruce.

7 hours ago, cookidge said:

Quite simple really, there isn't an excuse. It's his opinion on how to set the team up, and we don't like it. The thing is, is that he's not the permanent manager, and he's taken the role on temporarily, so what we're doing here is criticism of something he wasn't employed to do in the first place. Any of us could tell the team to press, but he might be thinking they're not fit enough therefore he's doing what he can to salvage points until the permanent manager comes in. Or, he might just be clueless, either way it's not his fault.

I agree , it must be an age and fitness thing , we simply can’t do it .

EH is in for a shock 

I know everyone's all there's no excuse and all that and the performances have been poor, but drawing away to Palace and Brighton, and losing at home to the European champions at home isn't just not bad, it's good. You'd think he was Steve Wigley with the amount of stick he gets :lol:

17 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I know everyone's all there's no excuse and all that and the performances have been poor, but drawing away to Palace and Brighton, and losing at home to the European champions at home isn't just not bad, it's good. You'd think he was Steve Wigley with the amount of stick he gets :lol:

It’s not the result , it’s the manner , selections and again lack of a seemingly identity of the squad .

just my opinion .

Guest reefatoon

[emoji38] Improved us. That first half yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever had to sit through. It was disgraceful. It’s been no different in style to when Bruce was here so the results would probably have been the same. I feel someone had a word in his ear at half time like as we came out and played much further up the pitch (which we haven’t done for donkeys). Anyway, it’s hopefully all over now and we can get into a style of play that doesn’t have 9 men sitting in the edge of our box anymore. Onwards and upwards 

If Wilson was up front for Palace or Brighton we get royally hammered by a big margin in both games. If Lukaku was in for Chelsea, it would have been double figures. We have performed worse under Jones this season than under Bruce, that says it all. Again, no hyperbole, that first 45 mins yesterday was the worst I’ve ever seen us ‘play’ in my time following this team. There was nothing at all in our play, game plan, system, style or anything, no effort, scared of the ball, scared of the opposition, unable to make simple passes even 3 or 4 together and no coordination, leadership or belief. What do they do all week in training? What are they doing playing professional football if they can’t even do simple things 7 year olds could do and in Jones, what business does he have in the game if he can’t train and coach simple things that a parent managing a grassroots kids’ team can do? It’s unacceptable, not good enough and I has no place in any so-called professional football club/team/players.

Edited by HTT II

As limited as he is as a manager I really don’t think it warrants the abuse he’s receiving in this thread. Seems a decent guy with the club at heart. He’ll go back to being a coach and probably do a good job under Howe. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

As limited as he is as a manager I really don’t think it warrants the abuse he’s receiving in this thread. Seems a decent guy with the club at heart. He’ll go back to being a coach and probably do a good job under Howe. 

It's absolutely ridiculous. Saying it's the worst you've ever seen gets tedious the 12th game in a row.

Guest reefatoon

[emoji38] embarrassing, such a dramatic explanation. Always find that word funny like, especially for comments on football forums. Wonder if it was in the pub and people discussing things, that they would be sitting in the corner with a face like a tomato.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] embarrassing, such a dramatic explanation. Always find that word funny like, especially for comments on football forums. Wonder if it was in the pub and people discussing things, that they would be sitting in the corner with a face like a tomato.

They are. As has been said he’s got 2 points from 2 away games