Joe Willock

Nice, he's hinted at having insider knowledge, but made his statement with enough wiggle room to backtrack in the likelihood he's incorrect. Win-win, vintage Twitter.

The instant gratification junkies will lap it up unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well I still like to see us win games, but I'm not particularly arsed if we don't any more. 

So to sum it up, happy if he signs, couldn't give a fuck if he doesn't. 

I keep saying I've checked out, but I'm still here, I'll probably take in the first game on Sunday (at least partially until frustration kicks in) and maybe a few more throughout the season but I'm definitely less invested every season.

I want us to sign Willock because I think he's a game changer and if there is still a possibility of a takeover hes the key to keeping us up (no pressure).

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I meant that maybe people want us to sign good players incase there's still a chance of the takeover further down the line, so that we at least have some decent players if/when it happens.

Apart from that i don't get why people are invested in it considering we are a dead club, everyone is fed up etc.

Unless people can still get some joy out of the club as it stands, but i can't.

Yet you are on a Newcastle forum talking about Newcastle...

Nah, I get it but like others have said I still want us to win games come KO.

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I'm surprised so many seem to want this to happen.

Is that because people still hold out hope for the takeover? I can see it from that viewpoint i suppose. 

Apart from that, what's the point?

To the extent that staying in the league bolsters whatever faint, faint hopes of being taken over there are, then Yes. I want improvements in the squad that will make that task easier in spite of the baffling case of Bruce's continued employment

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Mr Waugh said it had nothing to do with cash for what its worth. 

Sometimes these things take longer than expected, it's nothing to shit the bed over just yet.

Probably want a 10 year contract to protect their investment. 

Just now, midds said:

Surely you contact the agent first and discuss this type of shit first? I know you're not supposed to but every club just does it anyway. 

Agent: He wants £80k/week, rising to £120k over a 4 year contract, with bonuses for goals

NUFC: OK, understood, we'll speak to Arsenal over the fee

*Agrees fee*

NUFC: We'll give you £10k/week and fourth pick of the cool-down wheelie bins.

I don't know why everyone is panicking, it's not like we don't have midfielders that can step in with his goal scoring record, have we even seen Jeff in a Newcastle shirt since we stole him from Burnley ?

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Agent: He wants £80k/week, rising to £120k over a 4 year contract, with bonuses for goals

NUFC: OK, understood, we'll speak to Arsenal over the fee

*Agrees fee*

NUFC: We'll give you £10k/week and fourth pick of the cool-down wheelie bins.

Sad state of affairs when my immediate reaction is to think they've agreed a fee then deliberately lowballed the player to give the illusion of ambition. It would be utterly typical of these cunts and their little PR games.