Joe Willock

1 hour ago, christ said:

I appreciate everything is shit and the club is a mess, but the level of pissing and moaning at the prospect of us spending money on a player Arsenal fans want them to keep hold of is quite something.

I’m off to watch Requiem for a Dream to cheer up.

I'd say the reaction to this has been overwhelmingly positive. Discussing the qualities of the player and the context of the signing are perfectly legitimate discussions to be had.

What is turning me off the football forum massively is that people consistently making up nonexistent reasons to be negative. The state of the club is as bleak as it is without adding subjective nonsense to the mix.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Then why the surprise at people being apathetic or dubious towards the signing (which I think is more accurate than 'pissing and moaning', from what I've read here, particularly seeing as there's plenty who've said they're happy with the signing...) if you know the dismal bigger picture overrules an isolated positive move? Ashley's still here, Bruce is still here, the club's still on life support, going nowhere - but let's be jubilant cos we've spent 20mill on just-about standing still? 

Fair play to those who are still 'in', such as yourself, mind; I'm envious of those who still get the feelings. 

I wouldn’t say I’m jubilant like. It would be a good signing. I think you have to be pretty churlish to suggest otherwise. Some of the criticism - about the fee, about the fact other clubs aren’t in for him - is just plain odd.

At this point signing anyone that makes it marginally less likely we get relegated is cause for some small degree of cheer, because Ashley isn’t shifting a Championship club for £300m.

2 hours ago, christ said:

I appreciate everything is shit and the club is a mess, but the level of pissing and moaning at the prospect of us spending money on a player Arsenal fans want them to keep hold of is quite something.

I’m off to watch Requiem for a Dream to cheer up.

While it's pleasing, the reality is we're signing him with the main thrust of what we might make from him if we sell him on. You and me don't look at it like that, but our owner and his cronies do.

You and i see a fantastic talent, with that unteachable knack of scoring from midfield. They see a chance to double their money or more. Ashley has killed whatever joy we have in any signings when you look into them really.

Edited by Bimpy474

10 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

While it's pleasing, the reality is we're signing him with the main thrust of what we might make from him if we sell him on. You and me don't look at it like that, but our owner and his cronies do.

You and i see a fantastic talent, with that unteachable knack of scoring from midfield. They see a chance to double their money or more. Ashley has killed whatever joy we have in any signings when you look into them really.

I am under absolutely no illusion as to how this football club operates.

6 minutes ago, christ said:

I am under absolutely no illusion as to how this football club operates.

I know, i wasn't thinking you didn't, apologises if that wasn't clear but you get my point. You and i want to see such talent in a Black and White shirt, but you know it's so futile and pointless. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking watching the scum who run our club so cynically, get a free pass from the media because we might spend on the odd player here and there.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

Do we really think that is Ashley is going to keep the club if the PIF takeover fails? 

Unless he lowers the price to an alternative buyer, then aye for the time being, horrendous thought but that's the reality imo.

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Do we really think that is Ashley is going to keep the club if the PIF takeover fails? 

He will have to , no one is banging down the door to get it 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Then why the surprise at people being apathetic or dubious towards the signing (which I think is more accurate than 'pissing and moaning', from what I've read here, particularly seeing as there's plenty who've said they're happy with the signing...) if you know the dismal bigger picture overrules an isolated positive move? Ashley's still here, Bruce is still here, the club's still on life support, going nowhere - but let's be jubilant cos we've spent 20mill on just-about standing still? 

Fair play to those who are still 'in', such as yourself, mind; I'm envious of those who still get the feelings. 

Might just quote that whenever anything not  bad happens here, wins, signings - it basically comes down to this unless you kid yourself.

To Bishop Ashley and Barnes its tossing a trained seal a fish and watching it clap.

And any signing that turns out good won't be built on and we'll just be playing Russian roulette every window until they're sold. We know the ending.

Edited by Wolfcastle

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

He will have to , no one is banging down the door to get it 

Sure it's been reported that he's had offers but he's holding out for the PIF deal as it's higher and upfront

29 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't understand why many sides aren't in for him or ASM.

I wonder if the clubs he'd be likely to go to have that sort of cash for a player who has had a few injury problems. ASM that is.