Joe Willock

Aah well - should easily be able to justify doubling that.

Trebling or more is a bit more unrealistic I would say - though a clearly defined salary progression scale based on targets and stuff should be agreeable to all

14 hours ago, et tu brute said:

If it's not done by the time of the cut off point to play on Sunday, then I think it will be a case of he's not coming. Even Bruce will be putting pressure on, as he will be desperate to have him available.

Not at all. Our aim is only to avoid relegation so one game out of a whole season won't make that big an impact. Knowing Ashley he would use that lack of urgency as a negotiating tactic. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Not at all. Our aim is only to avoid relegation so one game out of a whole season won't make that big an impact. Knowing Ashley he would use that lack of urgency as a negotiating tactic. 

Disagree on one game not having that big an imact, as that one game could be the difference between staying up and relegation (3 points, 1 point, goal difference).

Just now, et tu brute said:

Disagree on one game not having that big an imact, as that one game could be the difference between staying up and relegation (3 points, 1 point, goal difference).

If we don't get Willock it could. But a team with Wilson, ASM and Willock is probably not going to be in the relegation scrap come the end of the season is my guess. 

We'll still be patchy and get dominated most games, but we'll be good enough to finish 12th-15th. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

If we don't get Willock it could. But a team with Wilson, ASM and Willock is probably not going to be in the relegation scrap come the end of the season is my guess. 

We'll still be patchy and get dominated most games, but we'll be good enough to finish 12th-15th. 

I think we would be ok I agree (was just pointing out one game could make a difference). Long term injury to Wilson could change that though and St Max injury record is poor also.

A lot hinges on the gooduns staying fit , before I get it’s the same for all teams …no we go to shit without them , the rest get by , we will get dragged into a relegation scrap straight away .

Take out Wilson and ASM , both injury prone and we are dogshit , we’ve seen it . 

anyhoo , wheres Willock 

It's same every window, we're as bad as the PL for kicking the can down the road when it comes to transfers and I can only imagine the reasoning behind it is those extra weeks wage we want to avoid until its absolutely necessary, penny pinching at its finest.

Edited by Mattoon

I'm surprised so many seem to want this to happen.

Is that because people still hold out hope for the takeover? I can see it from that viewpoint i suppose. 

Apart from that, what's the point?

Edited by ToonArmy1892

10 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I'm surprised so many seem to want this to happen.

Is that because people still hold out hope for the takeover? I can see it from that viewpoint i suppose. 

Apart from that, what's the point?

The transfer is nothing to do with the takeover?

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The transfer is nothing to do with the takeover?

I meant that maybe people want us to sign good players incase there's still a chance of the takeover further down the line, so that we at least have some decent players if/when it happens.

Apart from that i don't get why people are invested in it considering we are a dead club, everyone is fed up etc.

Unless people can still get some joy out of the club as it stands, but i can't.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

13 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I meant that maybe people want us to sign good players incase there's still a chance of the takeover further down the line, so that we at least have some decent players if/when it happens.

Apart from that i don't get why people are invested in it considering we are a dead club, everyone is fed up etc.

Unless people can still get some joy out of the club as it stands, but i can't.

Well I still like to see us win games, but I'm not particularly arsed if we don't any more. 

So to sum it up, happy if he signs, couldn't give a fuck if he doesn't.