Joe Willock

Took more notice of Bellingham lately for obvious reasons... Willock shares some elements of his game with him imo, big, strong, fast feet, elegant for their sizes, good runners with the ball etc 

That LCM is going to have some stern competition soon between Joelinton and Willock! 

On 18/10/2023 at 13:12, Conjo said:

I think he's going to need a bit of time to get up to speed. Don't think we'll see much more than glimpses of the same player we had last season until January/February.

I retract my previous statement. 

58 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love how loved he is now. He's a really fucking good footballer like.

Doesn’t, on initial viewing, seem to have lost any pace after his injury either. Gonna be vital for us again. Probably the only player, Bruno aside now Tonali is out, we don’t have a likeish for like replacement for. 

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Doesn’t, on initial viewing, seem to have lost any pace after his injury either. Gonna be vital for us again. Probably the only player, Bruno aside now Tonali is out, we don’t have a likeish for like replacement for. 

Very important that, his pace along with Miggy really gave them problems in the first half and made up for the loss of Isak and Barnes. Man U were so rattled they had to bring on Wan Bissake to try and stem the tide, but the passing and movement were not so easy to stop as Maxi on his lone runs in the cup final last time.

Just now, Skeletor said:

It was a thing of beauty. Power and placement. Just glided into the net so smoothly and effortlessly.

It was a fantastic strike, placed it like a laser guided missile.

35 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Took more notice of Bellingham lately for obvious reasons... Willock shares some elements of his game with him imo, big, strong, fast feet, elegant for their sizes, good runners with the ball etc 

That LCM is going to have some stern competition soon between Joelinton and Willock! 

27 minutes ago, Disco said:

If anything seems as fast but stronger. 

I actually thought he was a yard shorter which is why he was frustrated first half. Made great movements but didn't have his usual explosion to pull away. It's still there but just needs to keep building up the minutes and sharpness. 

But the goal was down to his directness and confidence. 

Hope he can stay injury free now. 

8 minutes ago, looneytoon said:

How did he manage to get so much pace on the ball for his goal? Mind-boggling 

From a Man-U perspective they'd see it as poor defending but from ours I think it started with Joelinton winning the ball superbly, so when Willock had the ball their midfield was out of the game

Then after that Gordon makes a very clever run, which has Lindelof starting to follow and drop, that run results in him blocking Maguire and by the time Lindelof realises it's too late

Whilst Gordon doesn't get an assist for it, he effectively created the space so it's as good as an assist for me

Football ability aside he's top of my NUFC canny lad rankings atm:

1 Willock 

2 Targett

3 Longstaff

4 Almiron 

5 Murphy

6 Pope

7 Bruno 

8 Burn 

9 Botman

10 Gordon

image.jpeg

Congrats Joe! 

Edited by Interpolic

31 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Football ability aside he's top of my NUFC canny lad rankings atm:

1 Willock 

2 Targett

3 Longstaff

4 Almiron 

5 Murphy

6 Pope

7 Bruno 

8 Burn 

9 Botman

10 Gordon

image.jpeg

Congrats Joe! 

Excellent rankings, I can see Tino making a run at the leaderboard when he gets more game time. Not convinced Gordon deserves a top 10 spot despite me being a big fan. He does speak well off the pitch though