Joe Willock

You can see he’s exceptionally confident at the moment. That goal last week has made a big difference to him. I’ve been backing him all along as I love his game but he was clearly not playing near his top level earlier in the season even though he was showing lots of quality. Today though, every time he was on the ball in their half he was looking to attack them, either with a run at pace, beating that man by dropping a shoulder, playing a killer pass (like the lofted one that should have led to a goal) or his goal. He was our best player today and our player who looked most likely to get us that goal, either by an assist or as it happened, a goal. I’m really excited about what to this lad is capable of for the rest of the season with his confidence up 

Great to see him playing so well at the moment. He's always had something, but was generally incredibly frustrating in the past.

Seems to be forcing himself into games more now rather than letting it happen around him; something which seems to have been the biggest change in almost every player since Howe took over. 

He's figuring it out in that midfield. 

Really great move by Howe putting him on the left side.

Fair play to the guy, because I was really down on him early in the season. Please keep it up!

Is he literally growing taller still? Looks like he's filled out. Has seemed like a more imposing presence, both physically and on the ball in the last couple of games.

Edited by 80

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s better from the left as well. He’s actually got a useful left foot so can run and standup his man and do something useful with either foot.  

Willock and Joelinton are actually both willing to go around the outside. Gives them a real different dimension. 

Him and Joelinton changing between LCM & LW is working really good. ASM will struggle to get back in the side based on the Chelsea and Villa game.

Very weird player. Thought he was one of our poorest players start of the season. Often looks like his mind is far away from the match with how late he reacts to some situations but been immense lately.

Edited by Conjo

Was brilliant today and has actually been good for a while. It's nice that he's scored again, it's more than deserved.

Back when he went on his scoring run, whilst the goals were obviously invaluable he was mostly anonymous in those games.

That isn't the case now, he's very much involved and is doing a lot of good work. Long may it continue.

53 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Was brilliant today and has actually been good for a while. It's nice that he's scored again, it's more than deserved.

Back when he went on his scoring run, whilst the goals were obviously invaluable he was mostly anonymous in those games.

That isn't the case now, he's very much involved and is doing a lot of good work. Long may it continue.

Clever footwork when he attacks the box from the left. Reminds me a slight bit of Maxi.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think he has my all time favourite celebration. He looks cool as fuck.

Just a shame it can’t be done on a school playground. That was the benefit of Shearer’s it was universal you could do it anywhere