Joe Willock

I read recently how he was one of our most press resistant players so I thought I’d pay particular attention to that. It really is true. He’s hard to close down effectively enough that he gives the ball up.

He’s got the acceleration to get out of a tight spot and he’s got a strong hand into the chest move that helps him skip away.

Really looking forward to see how he develops further.

Because my head appears to be all over the place with Newcastle atm, I'm looking back on his goal with some regret, because it was so class and I all but missed the fucking thing. My lasting emotion is one of annoyance at having seen nothing of the build-up before catching the ball hitting the net. :lol: Missed Chris Wood's last week as well. So frustrating!

Just now, Kanji said:

The F were you doing mate?

The daft shite I live with was fucking about with our log burner and sought my assistance. The most fun part was the argument it led to and my foul mood for the rest of the game. :lol: Good thing she's class.

On a similar note, I really need to find a way to watch the match without my lass around. That's a few times now where I've celebrated a goal, she's screamed with fright, tried to tell me off and instead of celebrating I've ended up saying "I'm allowed to celebrate Newcastle scoring man! Piss off!" and the moment being taken away from me. :lol: She's worse than VAR.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

On a similar note, I really need to find a way to watch the match without my lass around. That's a few times now where I've celebrated a goal, she's screamed with fright, tried to tell me off and instead of celebrating I've ended up saying "I'm allowed to celebrate Newcastle scoring man! Piss off!" and the moment being taken away from me. :lol: She's worse than VAR.

:lol:

9 hours ago, Lotus said:

I read recently how he was one of our most press resistant players so I thought I’d pay particular attention to that. It really is true. He’s hard to close down effectively enough that he gives the ball up.

He’s got the acceleration to get out of a tight spot and he’s got a strong hand into the chest move that helps him skip away.

Really looking forward to see how he develops further.

Got good feet too.  Helps in tight areas. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not a chance I let my gf watch it with me. She'd also expect me to talk to her rather than people on here about it too which is an absolute solid no. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Not a chance I let my gf watch it with me. She'd also expect me to talk to her rather than people on here about it too which is an absolute solid no. :lol: 

This also happens :lol: Couldn't make it any more obvious I'm not interested in next door getting a log burner fitted or whatever.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I take the 1001st conservation about how 3pm Saturday can’t be on TV as a trade off for a non negotiable trip to the Irish pub if we’re on TV when we’re away somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...