Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Y'all need to chill. :lol:

He will be gone, it's only a matter of time. Right now, the biggest picture agenda item is staying up this season. Everything else comes after.

The club knows it's not Bruce who keeps us up. They're just trying to find the best solution to see out the season I'd imagine, while also working on finding the longer term solution as well.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

This place has had no authority since the mods folded and didn't make Messi/Pissi keep his Pissi name permanently after his Kevin Nolan humiliation. 

That would've been a good one for the "I've been supporting Newcastle since..." thread. :lol:

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Think Ando must have been off the mark this time

Know for sure in the morning if he’s taking training. Can’t see Ando putting his reputation on the line for something so easily discounted. My only hopes is that they are in the process of confirming the manager also. Soon find out though.

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Y'all need to chill. :lol:

He will be gone, it's only a matter of time. Right now, the biggest picture agenda item is staying up this season. Everything else comes after.

The club knows it's not Bruce who keeps us up. They're just trying to find the best solution to see out the season I'd imagine, while also working on finding the longer term solution as well.

Douglas said similar earlier about them making long term calls, wonder if this still means no manager before a sporting director 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

I always thought players trained everyday bar the day before and after the match.

Nah. Sure there was a Chelsea player saying they train full sessions twice a week, light sessions twice a week but going home to sleep for 3hrs in an afternoon was classed as training

10 minutes ago, madras said:

Nah. Sure there was a Chelsea player saying they train full sessions twice a week, light sessions twice a week but going home to sleep for 3hrs in an afternoon was classed as training

Bit different when you’re saving yourself to be peaking at the business end of 4 competitions in the new year.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it varies massively club to club especially those that are in Europe to those who aren’t.

Saying that our players don’t look remotely fit, our shape is diabolical and that’s been commented on across the media so to be taking days left, right and centre ain’t on. If we were winning then yeah have a day or two.  

To be fair, he could have been told he is sacked earlier today. They might have been spending the rest of the day working on his replacement. Bruce might have to play up false pretences until it is said otherwise, announced by the club or a replacement confirmed.

Still I don't see the need to have him "play along". Having him at training would continue to be a detriment for everyone any way you try and spin it. 

2 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Luke Edwards praises Steve Bruce for taking a day off from training and says it’s ”sensible to take it today to give the owners another 24 hours to make a decision.” :mackems:

Bruce himself has told everyone that he’s been told by the owners to “carry on as normal”….

I would like to say though can people just calm the fuck down.  Bruce will go, it's clear he is going.  I would have loved him to be gone for Spurs as we may have won.  I sincerely hope he is gone tomorrow but can we just calm down.  We have been waiting for this takeover for 18 months, it's happened and it's still the same bullshit in here making us look like idiots.

• It happened very fast post CAT and they didn't anticipate it would happen so fast so they didn't have a manager in place.  At times during the last 18 months we may have had Poch or Rafa depending on the timing.
  • They have said what they want to do long term and PIF don't fuck about
  • We are in the relegation zone and look absolutely shocking so it's probably harder for them to get their first choice.  It's a big risk for any top manager
  • We are now the richest club in the world and our leadership team has a proven record
  • WE HAVE HOPE

Remember the feeling when Wilson scored that goal?  We'll have a shit load of that feeling instead of feeling numb.