Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Ornstein saying he's heard that NUFC would even stick with Bruce IF we went down!

Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Wait, it's pronounced Chris Wow? I always thought it was like "Pluff" as in Jane.

EDIT: ignore me, I listened again and it's like Waf.

Ashley and the club might want Bruce to stay here even next season. But I think it might get very toxic for Bruce that he'll feel he is being hounded out of the club and play the victim card if he resigns or gets sacked.

Imagine all the anger towards him building among the fans that have been kept under wraps for ayear and a half and suddenly when fans are back into stadiums, maybe just maybe Bruce would get to play his favourite song, 'Who Let the Dogs oot'.

If we lose to Villa and Brighton and the prospect of relegation becomes clear even to the ostriches at NUFC - and still Bruce keeps his job - I think we can assume they've accepted relegation and therefore would keep him next season as well.

It would be a truly staggering situation, like. But you wouldn't rule anything out with these dickheads.

Incredible but brummie[/member] told us from day one!

Tbf, most of us didn't really need telling from brummie, remember saying when we brought him in, his complete lack of method over 20 years was more than evident by the time he rocked up here. If you go back to the first few pages of the original thread, pretty sure this will be verified. The vast majority of posters here always thought he was a clueless fat oaf.

Incredible but brummie[/member] told us from day one!

Tbf, most of us didn't really need telling from brummie, remember saying when we brought him in, his complete lack of method over 20 years was more than evident by the time he rocked up here. If you go back to the first few pages of the original thread, pretty sure this will be verified. The vast majority of posters here always thought he was a clueless fat oaf.

Yeah I was one of them! Couldn’t stand before he was appointed and it’s gone fifty-fold since!

Aye, he's a total sell out that came with a promise of been honest and hard working because it was "his club" the fuka has done nothing, absolutely nothing, to promote the club or the area in a positive light, in fact the other week him and Mini Me dragged the Newcastle fans through the clarts to gain sympathy from the numpty pundits............a fuckin parasite.

Pardew was at least liked for a period of time when we finished 5th, this cunt here is a complete disaster. He arrived as a failed Sunderland manager, statistically the worst manager in Premier League history and all of us knew what was coming. We knew he would tear down all of Rafa's good work, we knew he'd play dreadful football, we knew he'd be a liar and a prick in interviews and we knew ultimately it'd end up in relegation. The fact that he might go one step further and actually keep us in the Championship next season when by all accounts we should be bouncing straight back up is making him hated even more.

Hes a wanker and should never have got this job. I dunno if its just apathy setting in but I don't hate him as much as some managers we've had. Kinnear and Carver were fucking atrocious, the latter was a complete nightmare of epic proportions. Once we go down though Bruce will overtake the lot of them for me I'm sure.

A reminder of what Cabbage Heed was saying before our last game against Villa.

Steve Bruce limbered up for Saturday night’s Premier League game at Aston Villa by claiming he has equalled Rafael Benítez’s achievements on Tyneside. “Rafa was a world-class manager,” the Newcastle manager said. “But we matched the mighty Rafa last year.”  Benítez’s successor is under intense pressure after nine games without a win, and so could not resist an opportunity to remind the critics that his record is almost identical to that of the much-adored Spaniard. “Rafa, who I have obviously heard a lot about, where did he finish?” said Bruce, who led Newcastle to 13th place in the top tier last season, the same position achieved by his predecessor in 2018-19. “We’ll try to keep edging towards where I want to take us, which is the top 10. At this particular moment we’re on a bad run and we’re four or five points off it.” . . . A week ago Bruce told his players “the gloves are off” and “we’ll do it my way from now on”, but on Friday he proved more emollient, suggesting “my way” involved “playing 20 or 30 yards higher up the pitch” and he would alternate between his preferred back four and the back three favoured by Benítez. . . .

“I’ve managed nearly 500 Premier League games so it’s no fluke I’m still here,” said Bruce. “I’ve the equipment to handle whatever comes my way. I’m quietly confident we’ll stay up. We did it quite comfortably last year so we know this group of players are capable. We’ve had a difficult spell but a lot of that’s been to do with illness and injury over the last six weeks.  “We’ve had it particularly tough – and if you’re on a tough run you have to put up with the criticism. It’s a demanding league but the one thing you must do is keep that little bit of dignity and do the best you can to get yourself through it.”

A reminder of what Cabbage Heed was saying before our last game against Villa.

Steve Bruce limbered up for Saturday night’s Premier League game at Aston Villa by claiming he has equalled Rafael Benítez’s achievements on Tyneside. “Rafa was a world-class manager,” the Newcastle manager said. “But we matched the mighty Rafa last year.”  Benítez’s successor is under intense pressure after nine games without a win, and so could not resist an opportunity to remind the critics that his record is almost identical to that of the much-adored Spaniard. “Rafa, who I have obviously heard a lot about, where did he finish?” said Bruce, who led Newcastle to 13th place in the top tier last season, the same position achieved by his predecessor in 2018-19. “We’ll try to keep edging towards where I want to take us, which is the top 10. At this particular moment we’re on a bad run and we’re four or five points off it.” . . . A week ago Bruce told his players “the gloves are off” and “we’ll do it my way from now on”, but on Friday he proved more emollient, suggesting “my way” involved “playing 20 or 30 yards higher up the pitch” and he would alternate between his preferred back four and the back three favoured by Benítez. . . .

“I’ve managed nearly 500 Premier League games so it’s no fluke I’m still here,” said Bruce. “I’ve the equipment to handle whatever comes my way. I’m quietly confident we’ll stay up. We did it quite comfortably last year so we know this group of players are capable. We’ve had a difficult spell but a lot of that’s been to do with illness and injury over the last six weeks.  “We’ve had it particularly tough – and if you’re on a tough run you have to put up with the criticism. It’s a demanding league but the one thing you must do is keep that little bit of dignity and do the best you can to get yourself through it.”

Not sure if its possible but that makes me detest him more.

You’d think if we lose to Villa he’ll have to go. I don’t think the compensation figure was ever an issue, it’ll be about 2 million.

The problem is, what was he 13th choice? All those candidates who said no before, they’re hardly going to step in now. The only ones who would take a job like that would be the same level as Bruce, a Sherwood or someone equally dismal. Nobody that could save us, so it’ll be Graeme Jones, and he’s already here..

You’d think if we lose to Villa he’ll have to go. I don’t think the compensation figure was ever an issue, it’ll be about 2 million.

The problem is, what was he 13th choice? All those candidates who said no before, they’re hardly going to step in now. The only ones who would take a job like that would be the same level as Bruce, a Sherwood or someone equally dismal. Nobody that could save us, so it’ll be Graeme Jones, and he’s already here..

He won't be going anywhere sadly.

I absolutely believe the fucktard was the 1st choice, that really is how stupid the fuckers running us are. 1st fucking choice  :lol: :lol:

This talk about waiting until we are in the relegation zone is typical Ashley FC.

We could quite easily not fall into the relegation zone until the full time whistle goes at Craven Cottage in May. Mind you, I think we will be in the relegation zone within the next 10 days and we won’t get out of it.

How this obese piece of shite can call himself a Newcastle fan is baffling. Surely his mentally retarded son is having a word with him? The whole family are a bunch of doyle cunts.

Who in recent memory has had a manager that they’ve hated this much, but just couldn’t get rid of?

Can’t think of any set of fans of the top of my head, certainly can’t be anyone beating Bruce going by a metric of

Hatred x Job Performance x Teflon Permanency

Just the fact there is just no end in sight to him being sacked what I can’t stand with him at the moment. Have finally become numb to his football, slowly getting there with his waffle.

Who in recent memory has had a manager that they’ve hated this much, but just couldn’t get rid of?

Can’t think of any set of fans of the top of my head, certainly can’t be anyone beating Bruce going by a metric of

Hatred x Job Performance x Teflon Permanency

Just the fact there is just no end in sight to him being sacked what I can’t stand with him at the moment. Have finally become numb to his football, slowly getting there with his waffle.

Probably the c*** again at Villa although they finally succeeded.

Every example of fans significantly fed up of their manager falls down due to the fact they’d eventually be sacked or quit...

Moyes first time round with West Ham, Moyes at Sunderland, Moyes at Man U, Van Gaal, Sarri, Hodgson Liverpool, Bruce everywhere.

Closest thinking about it would probably be Pardew with us, then West Brom with Pulis then Pardew - but then it was obvious they were going down and Pards and would be sacked when they dropped if not before.

I absolutely believe the fucktard was the 1st choice, that really is how stupid the fuckers running us are. 1st fucking choice  :lol: :lol:

He wasn't - Viera, Arteta and Fat Sam have all publicly said they were approached first.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/1204598.stm

Steve Bruce is planning to take legal action against Huddersfield Town chairman Barry Rubery after being accused of "wasting" £3m, report BBC Radio Leeds.

Rubery was critical of his former manager in his programme notes for Saturday's home match against Norwich.

He claimed that he had made a mistake by "believing that a great footballer would make a great football manager".

Rubery also accused Bruce of "wasting" £3m on players, arguing that the money would have been "spent more wisely by a more experienced manager without an ego to feed".

In a statement read out on his behalf, Bruce described Rubery's comments as "an astonishing personal attack", and added that he refuted the accusations.

Bruce has said he would not allow someone who had been in football for less than two years ruin his reputation which he had built up over 25 years.

Bruce was sacked as Huddersfield manager in October last year after a poor start to the season that saw Town lying second from bottom in Division One.

Back from 2001, wonder how Bruce’s legal action went in the end.

How thin skinned can you get. His quotes back then just validate whatever was said regarding his ego! Bet he was the annoying kid at school that would always be grassing and running to teacher