Jump to content

Steve Bruce (now unemployed)


Recommended Posts

I’m actually prepared to accept that he’s a decent guy.  A lot of people genuinely seem to like him and he does seem quite affable. But what cannot be argued is that he is a shit football manager and horribly out of his depth in the PL. Pundits refuse to separate experience from ability and personality from managerial record and it is fucking infuriating because the facts are readily available and don’t lie.

If Bruce was a renowned total wanker of a person but had some managerial talent, he’d get an easier ride. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice guy wouldn't throw his players under the bus to excuse himself, or bait the fans, or hold a grudge against his predecessor. He's a petty, whiny man child, who'd do just about anything to save his own skin. Asking the lads how the family are doesn't make him a nice chap.

 

 

Edited by The Prophet

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not a nice guy, you don’t treat clubs the way he has over the years if you’re a decent man, see Rafa, Sir Bobby, now they are/were good men. He’s in it for himself and himself only. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's shown enough times that he's not a nice guy, from being slumlord, to consistently rival-hopping, to binning off a club that bent over backwards to accommodate him at the first sign of a slightly better situation, to goading the fans of the club he claims to 'support' for two straight years.

 

Being good craic over a beer or a bacon sarnie for the right people doesn't make you a nice bloke. It always seems to be a select type of person with direct experience of him that claim this nice bloke stuff. Strangely, they all tally up as being people within football in some form or other, who conveniently can do his bidding when he starts getting flak from the fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wormy said:

He's shown enough times that he's not a nice guy, from being slumlord, to consistently rival-hopping, to binning off a club that bent over backwards to accommodate him at the first sign of a slightly better situation, to goading the fans of the club he claims to 'support' for two straight years.

 

Being good craic over a beer or a bacon sarnie for the right people doesn't make you a nice bloke. It always seems to be a select type of person with direct experience of him that claim this nice bloke stuff. Strangely, they all tally up as being people within football in some form or other, who conveniently can do his bidding when he starts getting flak from the fans.

Agreed, in press conferences he has shown himself to be a petty wanker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went on the stadium tour yesterday as I was up for a funeral this week.

As part of the tour we were taken into the directors area, then not 1 minute later, security turned up and ushered us all out as quick as possible, then a load of media made their way in. I was immediately aroused thinking cabbage heed had been binned.

Turns out it was just about the boxing and a load of boxers had all turned up to do promo work :explode:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Agreed, in press conferences he has shown himself to be a petty wanker. 

 

Yup. Forgot that one. :thup:

 

No coincidence the main target of his ire seems to have become Lee bloody Ryder. I'm not a fan by all means but it's ironically for the reason that Bruce should love him; he's the most nothing journalist about. :lol:

 

 

Edited by wormy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to this cunt being sacked so I can start thinking of my next avatar pic photoshop. May have to have an interim one while awaiting new manager appointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I’m actually prepared to accept that he’s a decent guy.  A lot of people genuinely seem to like him and he does seem quite affable. But what cannot be argued is that he is a shit football manager and horribly out of his depth in the PL. Pundits refuse to separate experience from ability and personality from managerial record and it is fucking infuriating because the facts are readily available and don’t lie.

If Bruce was a renowned total wanker of a person but had some managerial talent, he’d get an easier ride. 
 

I haven’t seen or heard anything that suggests he’s a nice guy. Some players like him, ok. Probably because he’s the opposite of a demanding manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bruce can be a nice / likeable person to be in a room with and talk to,  while at same time be a petulant incompetent arsehole in all aspects of his management career. Similar thing with Ashley, people that have met him seem to say he's alright guy to talk to, but fuck, we all know his actions are fucking terrible. Whether it be how his SD workers have been treated over the years or what he's done to our club and us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s not a nice guy, you don’t treat clubs the way he has over the years if you’re a decent man, see Rafa, Sir Bobby, now they are/were good men. He’s in it for himself and himself only. 

I know it's semantics, but for me a decent guy and a good man are very different things. Rafa - decent guy and a good man, Keegan the same and Sir Bobby - decent guy and a wonderful man. I don't think Bruce has the emotional depth or intelligence to be a good man in the same way those mentioned are. I think he's thick and has the emotional depth of a potato and that's why he contradicts himself, ham-fistedly deflects attention without considering the comeback and consequences etc. But the picture of Bruce as a calculating manipulator trying to pull the wool over people's eyes i just don't buy. He's more likely a good-to-have-a-beer-with decent guy that ties himself in knots because he's thick. The way he manages a football team and conducts himself in front of a camera might not be a true reflection of the person he is, but they're hard things to separate when we're so invested in the fortunes of the club he manages.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Anyone know if we can watch it live anywhere, the press conference. Legally of course. 

 

Get a job working as a football correspondent working for a media company and get assigned to covering Newcastle United. If your hurry you might make it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

I know it's semantics, but for me a decent guy and a good man are very different things. Rafa - decent guy and a good man, Keegan the same and Sir Bobby - decent guy and a wonderful man. I don't think Bruce has the emotional depth or intelligence to be a good man in the same way those mentioned are. I think he's thick and has the emotional depth of a potato and that's why he contradicts himself, ham-fistedly deflects attention without considering the comeback and consequences etc. But the picture of Bruce as a calculating manipulator trying to pull the wool over people's eyes i just don't buy. He's more likely a good-to-have-a-beer-with decent guy that ties himself in knots because he's thick. The way he manages a football team and conducts himself in front of a camera might not be a true reflection of the person he is, but they're hard things to separate when we're so invested in the fortunes of the club he manages.

 

 

https://true-faith.co.uk/steve-bruce-subject-of-housing-protest-outside-st-james-park/ Thank God he doesn't conduct his landlord work in front of a camera, eh. How much worse would this have been. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

This press conference will be an absolute shitshow - a total mess.

 

The only way it won't be is if Bruce isnt asked about his future.

I assume Bruce will say something along the lines of he’s been given a chance to show what he can do 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing they kept repeating was patience. I want Bruce as gone as the next man but there not going to give him the chop before imo they have at least a dof in place first and then they will be looking at a new coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s indicative of their long term decision making and there are definitely exciting times round the corner but binning Bruce really was an easy early win for them for a clean break and a new era. 

 

I don’t care what anyone says, it’s going to take the shine off Sunday and the focus is all going to be on him. Not just from the fans but the media too. Look at what they are saying already about our ‘treatment’ of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HUGZ changed the title to Steve Bruce - Peddled
  • Rich changed the title to Steve Bruce (now unemployed)
  • HUGZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...