Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Of course he's given his fuckboy an exclusive.

Steve Bruce has been sacked by Newcastle United and has revealed that he is now likely to retire due to the strain that has been placed on him during his two-year spell on Tyneside.

Bruce's departure - which was confirmed this morning - has been widely expected ever since the Saudi Arabian-led takeover at St James' Park, although he was in charge for last Sunday's match against Tottenham, his 1,000th as a manager.

His previous 999 games included spells at Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Wigan Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Sunderland, Hull City, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, in addition to his time at Newcastle, the club he supported as a boy and whom he took over in 2019. 

His tenure has been overshadowed by hostility from supporters who were always opposed to his appointment, and criticised his style of football, but he leaves having accomplished his mission of keeping the club in the top flight.

'I don't want to put my wife through this again'

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Bruce revealed that a desire not to expose his family to more strain is behind his reluctance to pursue another managerial post.

“I think this might be my last job,” said Bruce. “It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

“They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother. She dealt with the death of my parents, hers have not been very well. And then she had me to worry about and what I’ve been going through the last couple of years.

“I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

“I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that.”

That last sentence is followed by a laugh and a wry smile - or possibly a grimace. At the moment, Bruce feels like he is done. He has, like many others before him, been chewed up and spat out by Newcastle United.

'People called me a tactically inept cabbage head'

“I really have to thank all the people who have worked alongside me, because I can be demanding and I can be hard work - especially when I was younger," Bruce admits. "When we get beat, I get very low, but when you are managing in the Premier League with Birmingham, Wigan, Hull, Sunderland you do get better at dealing with it. You have to.

“By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head or whatever. And it was from day one. 

“When we were doing ok results wise, it was ‘yeah but the style of football is rubbish’ or I was just ‘lucky.’ It was ridiculous and persistent, even when the results were good.

“The best one was to be told we were a relegation team in all but points…this was all in the first season. We finished 13th. It [the criticism and abuse] got even worse in the second year. We finished 12th, 17 points clear of the bottom three. 

“I tried to enjoy it and, you know, I did. I’ve always enjoyed the fight, proving people wrong, but that’s all it ever seemed to be. A fight, a battle. It does take its toll because even when you win a game, you don’t feel like you are winning over the supporters." 

'My only job was to keep the club up'

“I wanted so badly to make it work," Bruce added. "I was so proud to be manager of Newcastle United, even in the dark times, I was determined to keep going and to keep this club in the Premier League. 

“The takeover rumours were rumbling on in the background but they would not have bought the club if it had been relegated. Everyone knew that.

“The only task I was given was to keep the club up. There wasn’t the money to overhaul the squad. Covid drained the club of money, there was virtually nothing to spend this summer, but I wouldn’t walk away from it. 

“People told me to quit and if it hadn’t been Newcastle… I refused to give up. I just felt who could come in who was going to be better equipped to keep them up again than me? 

"I’m really happy for the fans, the city, everyone associated with this great club. 

“This takeover had to happen for the club to improve. It had to happen for Newcastle to have a chance to be the club we all think it should be.

“I did my best, I will leave it to other people to judge whether I did ok or not. I wish the new owners, the players, and fans nothing but the best. I’m excited about the club’s future. That is the most important thing.”

'I'm very grateful for my career'

Bruce needs a holiday and has earned one. Whether we see him in a dug-out again, only time will tell, but he has found it hard to walk away before.

“Why have I kept coming back?” he added. “It’s me. It’s who I am. Football has been my life. It’s what I do. Why does anyone have a career? This has been mine and I’m very grateful for that.

“Someone reminded me the other day of the two headers I scored against Sheffield Wednesday that helped Manchester United win the first Premier League title in 1992. 

“To still be involved 40 years later, well, I’ve been very lucky. I must have done ok, as a player and a manager. It’s been a lifetime really.”

Fuck off crocodile tears, what a pathetic excuse of a man, I hope his wife leaves the fat cabbaged headed cunt for Gary Pallister.

Edited by HTT II

“I really have to thank all the people who have worked alongside me, because I can be demanding and I can be hard work - especially when I was younger," Bruce admits. "When we get beat, I get very low, but when you are managing in the Premier League with Birmingham, Wigan, Hull, Sunderland you do get better at dealing with it. You have to.

What a petty swipe :lol: :lol: :lol: 

“People told me to quit and if it hadn’t been Newcastle… I refused to give up. I just felt who could come in who was going to be better equipped to keep them up again than me? 

literally almost anyone

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Fuck off cabbage head, it’s been harder having you as a manager you fat fucking cabbaged headed fraudster inept pure shite absolute scum prick cunt of a dinosaur you kebab dripping pathetic waste of air. 

He’s not that good!

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Of course he's given his fuckboy an exclusive.

Steve Bruce has been sacked by Newcastle United and has revealed that he is now likely to retire due to the strain that has been placed on him during his two-year spell on Tyneside.

Bruce's departure - which was confirmed this morning - has been widely expected ever since the Saudi Arabian-led takeover at St James' Park, although he was in charge for last Sunday's match against Tottenham, his 1,000th as a manager.

His previous 999 games included spells at Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Wigan Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Sunderland, Hull City, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, in addition to his time at Newcastle, the club he supported as a boy and whom he took over in 2019. 

His tenure has been overshadowed by hostility from supporters who were always opposed to his appointment, and criticised his style of football, but he leaves having accomplished his mission of keeping the club in the top flight.

'I don't want to put my wife through this again'

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Bruce revealed that a desire not to expose his family to more strain is behind his reluctance to pursue another managerial post.

“I think this might be my last job,” said Bruce. “It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

“They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother. She dealt with the death of my parents, hers have not been very well. And then she had me to worry about and what I’ve been going through the last couple of years.

“I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

“I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that.”

That last sentence is followed by a laugh and a wry smile - or possibly a grimace. At the moment, Bruce feels like he is done. He has, like many others before him, been chewed up and spat out by Newcastle United.

'People called me a tactically inept cabbage head'

“By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head or whatever. And it was from day one. 

“When we were doing ok results wise, it was ‘yeah but the style of football is rubbish’ or I was just ‘lucky.’ It was ridiculous and persistent, even when the results were good.

“The best one was to be told we were a relegation team in all but points…this was all in the first season. We finished 13th. It [the criticism and abuse] got even worse in the second year. We finished 12th, 17 points clear of the bottom three. 

“I tried to enjoy it and, you know, I did. I’ve always enjoyed the fight, proving people wrong, but that’s all it ever seemed to be. A fight, a battle. It does take its toll because even when you win a game, you don’t feel like you are winning over the supporters." 

'My only job was to keep the club up'

“I wanted so badly to make it work," Bruce added. "I was so proud to be manager of Newcastle United, even in the dark times, I was determined to keep going and to keep this club in the Premier League. 

“The takeover rumours were rumbling on in the background but they would not have bought the club if it had been relegated. Everyone knew that.

“The only task I was given was to keep the club up. There wasn’t the money to overhaul the squad. Covid drained the club of money, there was virtually nothing to spend this summer, but I wouldn’t walk away from it. 

"I’m really happy for the fans, the city, everyone associated with this great club. 

“This takeover had to happen for the club to improve. It had to happen for Newcastle to have a chance to be the club we all think it should be.

“I did my best, I will leave it to other people to judge whether I did ok or not. I wish the new owners, the players, and fans nothing but the best. I’m excited about the club’s future. That is the most important thing.”

'I'm very grateful for my career'

Bruce needs a holiday and has earned one. Whether we see him in a dug-out again, only time will tell, but he has found it hard to walk away before.

“Why have I kept coming back?” he added. “It’s me. It’s who I am. Football has been my life. It’s what I do. Why does anyone have a career? This has been mine and I’m very grateful for that.

“Someone reminded me the other day of the two headers I scored against Sheffield Wednesday that helped Manchester United win the first Premier League title in 1992. 

“To still be involved 40 years later, well, I’ve been very lucky. I must have done ok, as a player and a manager. It’s been a lifetime really.”

It’s not about me 

zzzzzzzzz

fuck off fatman but 

Urgh, just read that. What a self involved narcissist. Always so hard done by. Nothings his fault.

Youre fucking useless, mate. You get the feedback you deserve. Fuck off.

Someone might need to be on Edwards watch. Make sure he cant get any electrical appliances in his bathroom

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Let him and his media pals have their moment. Will be a dot on the landscape in about a fortnight's time, if not sooner. Fuck him. Horrendous manager and easily my worst period supporting the club, for which he was massively responsible.