Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

This is the first time this season I have believed he will get sacked. It should have happened two months ago, but Mike wanted to cling on as long as we weren't in real danger.

I think this result has left him with little choice. Not only such a resounding defeat in a high stakes game, but the abject manner of it. There's no way Ashley can leave him in charge without showing an obvious disregard for the club and city. He has to sack Bruce even if it's with a heavy heart.

This is the first time this season I have believed he will get sacked. It should have happened two months ago, but Mike wanted to cling on as long as we weren't in real danger.

I think this result has left him with little choice. Not only such a resounding defeat in a high stakes game, but the abject manner of it. There's no way Ashley can leave him in charge without showing an obvious disregard for the club and city. He has to sack Bruce even if it's with a heavy heart.

Sorry but that’s rubbish. He showed a obvious clear disregard for the club and city the moment he let Benitez walk away and appointed Steve fucking Bruce. As if he cares about showing a clear disregard for the club man he’s been openly doing it for 13 years now and been allowed to get away with it so why would he care now

I feel like his not getting sacked should trigger some sort of action from the league ie we're a rudderless ship without a fucking captain. How can you let someone with such absolute disregard for a club, city and league continue to own a club. It's wild that Ashley just gets to keep being the owner. Precedent needs to be set for the health of the league.

I feel like his not getting sacked should trigger some sort of action from the league ie we're a rudderless ship without a f***ing captain. How can you let someone with such absolute disregard for a club, city and league continue to own a club. It's wild that Ashley just gets to keep being the owner. Precedent needs to be set for the health of the league.

From the league? :lol: they will be delighted to have shot of us.

Sorry but that’s rubbish. He showed a obvious clear disregard for the club and city the moment he let Benitez walk away and appointed Steve fucking Bruce. As if he cares about showing a clear disregard for the club man he’s been openly doing it for 13 years now and been allowed to get away with it so why would he care now

He appointed Steve Bruce because he was a Geordie, and he brought with him one of our OWWNN!! Andy Carroll to pacify the misty eyed locals. He spent good money on Wilson, Maximan and £40m on a striker as insurance to stay up. Brewcie only had to avoid relegation and he'd have been set for as long as he wanted to stay here, but now Ashley will realise Steve Bruce's 20 years as a respected English football manager is just fiction perpetuated by the media.

Players given 9 days off

Surely not

Nah. We have 14 til we play next. Probably be nearer 10 or 12.

The amazing thing is people are genuinely questioning whether the initial "9 days off" comment is legit. Says everything you could possibly say about this utter cabbage.

Might put him on Gardening leave and put Jones in charge. They are all knackers though.

Best bet we sack Steve, Steve and Steve and keep Jones to shepherd in a new manager.

We will be sat here after the Spurs game saying the same thing.

If we're just going to give it to Jones, I'd rather just let Bruce have the relegation of his boyhood team attached to his name forever. The fact that some idiots like Sherwood have said that even if we replace Bruce and are safe, Bruce should still get credit, I can't fathom Bruce himself bragging that his hardwork kept us up. Would be nothing to do with the players. Would just be all about his 25 years of experience s***.

Though I do think if we have Wilson and ASM back and Jones in charge, it would be better than Bruce having them back.

It really is a sad state of affairs where people want Bruce to remain as manager, just so we can hold him fully accountable and claim one up on certain pundits.

In the event of relegation Bruce will either have the brass neck to say he is the best man to bring us back up, or he will slope off back to Cheshire even richer and not giving us a second thought. This is a man who has displayed zero loyalty throughout his managerial career.

As for the likes of Merson and Sherwood, does anyone really give a fuck what these cretins think. They certainly don’t care what we think and even in event of relegation would just change the narrative to Ashley and fans.

Nobody absolutely nobody with this clubs best interests at heart should want this bloke still employed by the end of today.