Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

16 minutes ago, Smal said:

The season has kind of ended in the worst way possible, hasn’t it? He’s easily safe now. No pressure on him at all.

Ashley et al will be absolutely pissing themselves at the suggestion he should've got the boot. 

29 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Ashley et al will be absolutely pissing themselves at the suggestion he should've got the boot. 

Two penalties and 18% possession against City’s second string somehow presented to us as an entertaining performance. Makes you sick, doesn’t it.

2 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Dion Dublin (the clueless fucking muppet) giving a 'round of applause for the great job Steve Bruce has done' on Footy Focus..

Alex Scott said nowt which was disappointing, and Dan Walker told him to be ready for some less than happy Newcastle fans reacting to what he said.

Dublin went on to say the usual shite about wanting attractive football and relegation or what Bruce has offered....Of course there are only the 2 options in this fucking muppets mind.

Like I said yesterday, it's takeover or bust now. Bruce has restored his reputation with the mostly brain dead football press, and Ashley will be over the moon. If the club doesn't get sold it's another season of this, and you would imagine the likes of Wilson and St Max will be agitating for a move by the summer. 

Next season is going to be great...... new Castore kit, 52,000 screaming Geordies, Lee Charnaz & Justin Barnes enjoying the opening day sunshine, Steve, Steve, Steve & Steve roaming the technical area with Bosman signings making their debuts as we get beat off "great team Arsenal". I cannot wait! :celb:

21 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Dion Dublin (the clueless fucking muppet) giving a 'round of applause for the great job Steve Bruce has done' on Footy Focus..

Alex Scott said nowt which was disappointing, and Dan Walker told him to be ready for some less than happy Newcastle fans reacting to what he said.

Dublin went on to say the usual shite about wanting attractive football and relegation or what Bruce has offered....Of course there are only the 2 options in this fucking muppets mind.

Dublin should stick to Homes Under the Hammer. 

What an odd show for an ex-footballer to get involved with. Did he have career in property or building pre or post footy? is that why he is on it...Never seen it thankfully.

As much a doylum on it as he is at commentating/punditry by looks of it.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

What an odd show for an ex-footballer to get involved with. Did he have career in property or building pre or post footy? is that why he is on it...Never seen it thankfully.

Post footy.  Iain Dowie does as well.

Rich getting richer...

Edited by neesy111

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Post footy.  Iain Dowie does as well.

Rich getting richer...

Smart move for a certain type of footballer who ends their career rich but not with inexhaustive funds. £2m gets 8 houses that are only going to increase in value and at the same time give an income of £8-10k a month

I’d love to know what these pundits think we should be allowed to aspire to.

We know this club can challenge consistently at the top under the right conditions - so do Blackburn and now so do Leicester.

But they seem to bracket us along with clubs like Burnley and a Brighton in terms of what we should be grateful for (and there is no disrespect intended to either of those clubs)

57 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

I’d love to know what these pundits think we should be allowed to aspire to.

We know this club can challenge consistently at the top under the right conditions - so do Blackburn and now so do Leicester.

But they seem to bracket us along with clubs like Burnley and a Brighton in terms of what we should be grateful for (and there is no disrespect intended to either of those clubs)

I would love Newcastle to be in the same sort of position as Dortmond, Leicester, Ajax, Seville, Lille, ect well run clubs that don't spend vast amounts on players but either grow there own or build them with good coaching, then sell on and replace. I honestly think Rafa, after an initial spend could that.

The ill informed pundits can still go and fuck themselves though

11 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Personally, I'd like to see ex-footballers branching out more. How about Question Time hosted by Tony Cottee? Or perhaps bring back Noel's House Party but let Uwe Rosler do it.

Edited by Candi_Hills