Players that we saw too little of

Superior Acuña

He’s been mentioned already but Viana was a big one for me. He was arguably one of Robson’s biggest mistakes while he was here. The amount of times he tried to shove him on the left wing when he blatantly wasn’t that type of player. There was also that game where Speed had to go off for stitches and rather than subbing Viana on we just played with 10 men for what felt like an eternity until he got back on the pitch.

Nile Ranger as well. It was entirely his own fault but he could have been a player if he didn’t have only two brain cells.

Shearer

Robert                                                      Bellamy

Viana                  Dyer

Jenas/Speed

Could have been fun after we sold Nobby.

Distan was one for me, can’t remember the details but he went on to be a very capable premier league CB.

Sure the story was he just wanted a similar pay to Robert and the other key first teamers but Robson was smitten on Bramble. Distin for £4m could have played for us for a decade.

Yep - in the end it all went down to salary - he was asking for too much - City offered more

Gavilan was a weird one, came here really highly rated and then dropped off the earth. Wor Haris deserves a shout too.

Gavilan was ace on FM. Can't remember seeing him play IRL :lol:

Gavilan was a weird one, came here really highly rated and then dropped off the earth. Wor Haris deserves a shout too.

Gavilan was ace on FM. Can't remember seeing him play IRL :lol:

Absolute monster at RWB. With Domi on the left. Bassedas always had a great first season then sold for 15-20 mill. One of the best years, only spoiled by being responsible for Bobby's sacking.

Distan was one for me, can’t remember the details but he went on to be a very capable premier league CB.

Sure the story was he just wanted a similar pay to Robert and the other key first teamers but Robson was smitten on Bramble. Distin for £4m could have played for us for a decade.

Yep - in the end it all went down to salary - he was asking for too much - City offered more

He wasn’t asking too much though. He would have comfortably been our best defender until Woodgate arrived. We under-rated him, went for Bramble. Keegan gave him what he wanted and he showed over a 13-14 year career in the Premier League that he merited.

A fit, young Jonathan Woodgate was probably the most accomplished centre half I’ve ever seen at Newcastle.

Edit. Watched him against us away to Leeds once and he was head and shoulders the best centre half performances I’d seen. (We still won)

A fit, young Jonathan Woodgate was probably the most accomplished centre half I’ve ever seen at Newcastle.

Edit. Watched him against us away to Leeds once and he was head and shoulders the best centre half performances I’d seen. (We still won)

Without exaggerating, his impact was akin to Van Dijk’s at Liverpool (in terms of how much our defence improved) - he was just immense

He’s been mentioned already but Viana was a big one for me. He was arguably one of Robson’s biggest mistakes while he was here. The amount of times he tried to shove him on the left wing when he blatantly wasn’t that type of player. There was also that game where Speed had to go off for stitches and rather than subbing Viana on we just played with 10 men for what felt like an eternity until he got back on the pitch.

What a coincidence. The game was against Everton, my only game at St James Park. Beat them 4-2 that day. Actually got a chance to speak to Hugo at halftime. What a memory.

What a coincidence. The game was against Everton, my only game at St James Park. Beat them 4-2 that day. Actually got a chance to speak to Hugo at halftime. What a memory.

I’ve been trying to find what that game was this morning and I’m so pleased you mentioned it!

How did that happen?

Malcolm Allen. Canny little striker.

Massively underrated, Keegan loved him.

If he’d not got injured he’d have got a shit load of goals.

One of those forwards like Shearer who was in the right position at the right time.

His volley/lob against Sheffield weds in the 93/94 season was the catalyst that turned round the iffy start

Shearer

Jenas/Speed

That would have been terrible-

The best thing about Bellamy was his runs off shearers headers and to achieve that he needed to be close to him.

Dyer would move into the channels , in this formation he would be more centralised and easy to read.

Jenas would have been a terrible holding midfielder- in fact he would be perfect in duets place here in order to rotate the ball around.

Sir Bobby had it nailed with his 442 and viana just didn’t fit into it unfortunately

Shearer

Jenas/Speed

The best thing about Bellamy was his runs off shearers headers and to achieve that he needed to be close to him.

Dyer would move into the channels , in this formation he would be more centralised and easy to read.

Jenas would have been a terrible holding midfielder- in fact he would be perfect in duets place here in order to rotate the ball around.

Sir Bobby had it nailed with his 442 and viana just didn’t fit into it unfortunately

I thought Bellamy played some of his best football at City and Liverpool when he was used as more of a winger.

Shearer

Jenas/Speed

I thought Bellamy played some of his best football at City and Liverpool when he was used as more of a winger.

Not sure that would get the best out of Shearer mind. Bellamy over Nobby? I think I'd stick with Nobby.

Shearer

Jenas/Speed

Yep he did. You’d also have had Dyer more of a number 10 breaking from midfield. Think that could have been fluid as fuck.

Shearer

Jenas/Speed

Yep he did. You’d also have had Dyer more of a number 10 breaking from midfield. Think that could have been fluid as fuck.

Shearer would have been isolated in this