Players that we saw too little of

Superior Acuña

Not going to be particularly popular, but Wijnaldum. Would like to have seen him in a decent Newcastle side.

I'd like to have seen him bother his arse for the team he was in

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

I thought Wijnaldum started off very well, clearly a very good player, but probably lost enthusiasm as the season wore on under McLaren. Thauvin was also obviously a better player than he showed at the time as well. Like I said, would like to have seen some of these players under a decent manager with a constructive buying policy.

He was there for the end of the season under Rafa as well and was so bad that Rafa dropped him for the crucial games

I wrote a post that analysed every goal he scored in the 10-goal season, they were all inconsequential and mostly only when we were on TV. He really didn't care at all, and it showed.

We didn't care as a club about success either, you tend to find the better players start looking elsewhere to find it. I blame us as a club more for our lowering of standards.

Ben Arfa is the one that bugs me the most. Players like him just don't come round very often.

Hugo Viana was another player I wish we saw more of. Also thought Marveux had a lot of quality about him but was never given thr chance.

Bugs me whenever I see Nigel De Jong on TV - he robbed us of Ben Arfa in this prime.

I'm going to chip in with Sylvain Marveaux.

I really thought there was a player in there, and we just saw too little of him.

Don't really think he had the stomach for a battle mind, but there was a talented player in there.

Yeah I agree a bit, but we have so many coaches so incompetant at getting the best out of playres or developing them it's really hard to judge a lot of players from the last 10 years excepting the rafa period

I'm going to chip in with Sylvain Marveaux.

I really thought there was a player in there, and we just saw too little of him.

Don't really think he had the stomach for a battle mind, but there was a talented player in there.

Was it that shitshow game at Reading that The King kept him on the bench for the entirety of the game whilst we got our arses handed to us by relegation fodder?

• 3 weeks later...

Thauvin never wanted to be here. He jumped ship because someone at his loan club wanted to knock him out. And he was at his loan club because someone at his contracted club wanted to knock him out.

And does anyone remember that video of him in his kitchen dribbling a ball round a load of sexy women in their undies? He’d obviously brought them all back from Livello’s or something. Aaaah to be Florian Thauvin. 

3 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

Thauvin never wanted to be here. He jumped ship because someone at his loan club wanted to knock him out. And he was at his loan club because someone at his contracted club wanted to knock him out.

And does anyone remember that video of him in his kitchen dribbling a ball round a load of sexy women in their undies? He’d obviously brought them all back from Livello’s or something. Aaaah to be Florian Thauvin. 

Remember him at Watford away in the cup, he went down with a little knock and I’m sure he was blubbering with tears as a chorus of ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ was launched at him. Needless to say he hobbled off ‘injured’ Physio in-tow with Kleenex.

Perfect storm of wrong club and wrong time for the lad. Clear as day he had talent like.

Bloody frustrating looking back at players in that squad. Off the top of my head, Andros Townsend aside, everyone who left that summer has gone on to achieve some big things in their career - I’ll even throw in Mbemba bossing it in CL this season to reinforce my point. 

Edited by Abra Dubravka

4 hours ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Remember him at Watford away in the cup, he went down with a little knock and I’m sure he was blubbering with tears as a chorus of ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ was launched at him. Needless to say he hobbled off ‘injured’ Physio in-tow with Kleenex.

Perfect storm of wrong club and wrong time for the lad. Clear as day he had talent like.

Bloody frustrating looking back at players in that squad. Off the top of my head, Andros Townsend aside, everyone who left that summer has gone on to achieve some big things in their career - I’ll even throw in Mbemba bossing it in CL this season to reinforce my point. 

On paper a front 4 of Townsend, Thauvin, Perez & Mitrovic with Sissoko & Wijnaldum more as a midfield two could have been fun to watch.