Players that we saw too little of

Superior Acuña

Tony Green, Paul Gascoigne, Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, David Ginola, Didi Hamaan, Clarence Acuña, Jonathan Woodgate, Habib Beye, Abdoulaye Faye, going to chuck Andy Carroll in there due to the form he was in during 2010-11 and his age all sans his injury issues, Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Loïc Remy, Mehdi Abeid, Florian Thauvin, Kevin Mbabu, Mikel Merino, Solomon Rondon.

Big list, like. :lol:

Tony Green, Geoff Allen.

Have to come out of exile to agree totally with you manorpark - Green arguably turned us round in 71/72 when we were falling into relegation territory, such a dynamic and influential player...reckon we wouldn't have surrendered so badly at Wembley 74 if Green had been playing.

Allen will not be known by many younger fans but he was great - a late developer, he was, I believe, 21 when he was on the left wing for our first Fairs Cup game which all the 'experts' thought would see us out of the tournament ; instead, he took Van Der Hyde, the Feyenoord RB, to the cleaners with his twisting, darting runs with great crosses resulting in us winning 4-0 and setting the base for our eventual victory in the tournament after we hung on to lose 2-0 in Rotterdam in the return game with the Dutch.

Allen badly injured in a league match with Notts Forest after a desperate Hindley hacked him down - cruciate lig damage , could not be corrected in those days  and despite trying to come back twice, Allen couldn't - a great shame for the club and player himself who maybe would have played for England. Allen was a true Geordie too, born in Walker.

Distan was one for me, can’t remember the details but he went on to be a very capable premier league CB.

Sure the story was he just wanted a similar pay to Robert and the other key first teamers but Robson was smitten on Bramble. Distin for £4m could have played for us for a decade.

A prime Kluivert for a couple of seasons would have been incredible to witness first hand. Not that we could ever have afforded him mind. I remember watching a documentary about Barcelona years ago when he played for them and he accounted for 25% of their entire wage bill!

Sadly he'd lost interest by the time we got him and we only saw the odd glimpse.

Probably unpopular opinion but not sure we’d have seen much more of Ferdinand anyway unless you mean earlier in his career. We got our money back for him at 30, he was starting to get injuries, and apart from a random 12 goal season at Leicester at 36/37, he only managed one other season hitting double-figures.

Was shit luck what happened to Shearer but the thinking was probably to go with Shearer, Asprilla, Tomasson & Ketsbaia.

I would say Sir Bobby Robson as a manager!

Should just have been here forever!

As for players I'd say Mbabu, Merino, Ferdinand and Woodgate.

In recent times Mikel Merino for me and not to distant past Craig Bellamy. It was criminal how Souness was brought in to solve discipline and his only answer was to flog arguably our best player.

I’ll also add Jon Dahl Thomason to this list, if we hadn’t sold Ferdinand and he didn’t miss that sitter at home to Sheff Wed, I’m convinced he’d have been a great player for us.