Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - post-match reaction from pg24

Yorkie

We're really missing Lacelles today, the rest is just usual play for us. The forwards have been elusive, but at least Joelinton's been playing back too (even if some of his defending has been a bit iffy), I think they've still been trying though, they don't look like they've given up yet and I'm hoping that subs can make the difference. 0-0 would have been a fairer score at half time, Burnley haven't done anything outside of the goal to make me think they're any more capable so I still think we can get 'something' from this game.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Unreal decision. What is the point in VAR?

Haven't seen it yet, it's on in the background but I'm not watching. Didn't hear anybody say the ref had given a pen? So I assume it was an example of VAR not overruling the ref's decision.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As I’ve said above - there are plenty of people (not NUFC fans) who don’t think that was a foul. Commentators included in that.

VAR is the problem, you could put the worlds greatest referee ever in front of it, it’d still be a problem.

You can’t try and make exact decisions on subjective decisions.

That’s a free kick anywhere else on the pitch and the Commentators on viewing it said it was a pen also 

Our players should have been surrounding the referee at half time. We need to make that VAR decision controversial and if there is a decision to be made in the 2nd half we have to be making them think about correcting their mistake against us.

Yet again not up for a big match , how many times are we doing this, I'm embarrassed to support us. 

I didnt watch last game , I'm bored and thought fuck it but nothing ever ever changes. I should know better, maybe I'm the problem thinking we could ever be anything under this lot. Hate myself

Law 12 says:

Playing in a dangerous manner is defied as any action that, while
trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player
himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent
from playing the ball for fear of injury.

I cannot see how anyone thought that couldn't have caused Injury like.

Just now, et tu brute said:

That’s a free kick anywhere else on the pitch and the Commentators on viewing it said it was a pen also 

They didn’t. One of them was adamant Tarkowski did nothing wrong.

I’m not saying it isn’t a pen - I think it is. But there are plenty of people who don’t think it is (Attwell included).

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Have to say it's totally baffling, that's the easiest decision to make. Let the on field ref have a look to decide.

Well it was definitely an indirect free kick for dangerous play. No question. What I'm not sure of is whether VAR is supposed to be used for that kind of decision - ie only goals, pens, offside, and foul play. Otherwise it was as clear as anything.

I'm glad we're still in it and not two down. Those whipped crosses from the left have us in all sorts of trouble.

Almiron looks out of sorts. I don't suppose that remark about wanting to play for a team that battles has helped him much.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

As I’ve said above - there are plenty of people (not NUFC fans) who don’t think that was a foul. Commentators included in that.

VAR is the problem, you could put the worlds greatest referee ever in front of it, it’d still be a problem.

You can’t try and make exact decisions on subjective decisions.

Aye i get that to a extent agree but as Joeyt just said, why not let the onfield ref have a look to decide if he got it wrong.

I also agree as someone else alluded to, VAR being implemented by idiots isn't helping help it get accepted.

As you say though, it's all subjective, no one will ever agree on things.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Longstaff got his head to the ball first, that's bollocks what the refs association have just said,

I don't think he did, but what PMGOL said was shite.