Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

With Sheff Utd still to play at home, it’s almost impossible for us to get relegated from here.

Although i agree with your sentiment, i somehow would get the jitters if we needed a result against Sheffield U with Bruce in charge,

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah if they win their next 2 and we lose our next 2, I’d have zero confidence that we’d step up when needed. We’re fine though now I reckon.

I reckon if its a dead rubber final day we'll get a hiding. 

5 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I reckon if its a dead rubber final day we'll get a hiding. 

Last time we were in same position two year ago, we ripped them a new one, mind Rafa was manager then, so you're probably right.

Edited by et tu brute

Guest HTT II

Again, anything other than a defeat tomorrow and we are safe, 3 points and it’s guaranteed.

Had a look at the Sky Sports prediction guy's thoughts on our game, he thinks we'll win 2-1 (after also predicting us to beat West Ham and Liverpool last week). This stat is in the preview which I'm amazed at. 

"That new found attacking philosophy is painted perfectly by the fact Newcastle have created the highest total expected goals figure (8.59) of any team in the Premier League over the last four fixtures, creating 10 big chances - defined by Opta - along the way. Again, no team has created more."

1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

Although i agree with your sentiment, i somehow would get the jitters if we needed a result against Sheffield U with Bruce in charge,

With Wilson, ASM and Almiron on the same pitch we could have Micky Mouse in charge and I’d be confident of beating Sheff Utd at home.

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

With Wilson, ASM and Almiron on the same pitch we could have Micky Mouse in charge and I’d be confident of beating Sheff Utd at home.

And what if any or all get injured beforehand….still confident😁……however totally agree that it won’t get to that stage anyway(I hope)

IF (Big IF here) the club gets taken over during the next couple of months, then survival has been all worth it.

If not (and this is most likely) Mike Ashley is still here next season then I couldn't care less for the outcome. It will be another season with them same shit served for well over a decade.

Fulham aren't winning three of three last four. As suspected, they don't have the quality in the final third to convert draws into wins. Goes to show how much pessimism and negativity can distort people's objective view though.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fulham aren't winning three of three last four. As suspected, they don't have the quality in the final third to convert draws into wins. Goes to show how much pessimism and negativity can distort people's objective view though.

I think we can thank our lucky stars that Joe Willock popped up with some crucial late goals otherwise the pessimists had good cause for their lack of confidence. 

15 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Had a look at the Sky Sports prediction guy's thoughts on our game, he thinks we'll win 2-1 (after also predicting us to beat West Ham and Liverpool last week). This stat is in the preview which I'm amazed at. 

"That new found attacking philosophy is painted perfectly by the fact Newcastle have created the highest total expected goals figure (8.59) of any team in the Premier League over the last four fixtures, creating 10 big chances - defined by Opta - along the way. Again, no team has created more."

Assume the Spurs game is responsible for this? 

Anyway, think we'll win today and all hail Bruce. Stupid Newcastle fans. Ungrateful whinging fucks. 

Also bravah bravah to the victorious protesters from other clubs for stopping the super league in its tracks!! 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

I think we can thank our lucky stars that Joe Willock popped up with some crucial late goals otherwise the pessimists had good cause for their lack of confidence. 

True, but then you could make that point about anyone. If Gundogen hadn't have hit form, City might not have pulled away at the top of the table, if Lingard hadn't have have gone on the run of his career, West Ham wouldn't be hanging on to top four contention. 

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

True, but then you could make that point about anyone. If Gundogen hadn't have hit form, City might not have pulled away at the top of the table, if Lingard hadn't have have gone on the run of his career, West Ham wouldn't be hanging on to top four contention. 

Point is you would have needed to be clairvoyant to think Willock was going to win us so many points with late goals 3 games in succession, so the pessimism wasn't really that outrageous. 

This isn't over yet IMO. We will lose at Leicester which then gives Fulham a big incentive to beat Burnley. If they do then it's all up in the air once again.

Fulham have Southampton and Burnley next, even we could beat them. But knowing them, they have a tendency to fall short so we should be ok, but only just. We'll struggle next year too 

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

This isn't over yet IMO. We will lose at Leicester which then gives Fulham a big incentive to beat Burnley. If they do then it's all up in the air once again.

Yep, little things like this and the inevitable loss on Friday just give them something to cling to. They'll have Burnley at home knowing it's literally their last chance to save themselves.