Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I can't see us winning the games that everyone seems to be banking on.

What gives us the right to think we're gonna get 6 points from Pompey and Fulham?

I thought a draw would've been ideal today as it keeps us within a win of pulling out. As things stand, we're looking dead and buried.

I've been on a nine since the start of the thread and will be until it's mathematically impossible for us.

For the first time i really cant see us saving this. I dont think these are the players to do it for us.....upfront maybe we have enough.....in defence maybe we have enough. Harper can just about get by at times.

Our central midfield will relegate us. Butt, Nolan, Geremi.....its just a revolving door of pure non footballing shit. Guthrie is our only hope and Al a man i respect very much doesnt even give him a chance. I cannot understand, frustrating is the biggest understatement in history.

Guest Albert Square

Liverpool is going to be very painful, can see it being about 10-0 with these mugs playing for us. That game could remove all confidence left in our side.

Must beat Pompey and Boro, draw against Fulham and something at Villa. Liverpool we wont get jack.

We also need to hope Hull and Boro get fuck all.

Hull's remaining five fixtures include matches against Villa, Liverpool and Man U.

Boro still have to play Arsenal and Man U too.

4 points off Hull and Blackburn when you consider goal difference.

5 games left and Hull have Liverpool, Villa and Man Utd to play.

We should get at least 4 points from the home games.

Didn't think we'd get anything from today, so pretty much nothing has changed since the full times yesterday.

The "Shearer Effect" just isn't happening, mostly because he's making the mistake of sticking with most of the players who've let us down all season, notably Butt, Duff & Owen.

Ditch at least two of them (assuming Martins is OK) and we still have the home games to get ourselves safe.

3 points off Hull and Blackburn when you consider goal difference.

5 games left and Hull have Liverpool, Villa and Man Utd to play.

We should get at least 4 points from the home games.

they also have bolton & stoke, both who will probably be safe by that point and playing for nothing.

We really have to hope that Hull don't win another game this season.  They have Liverpool and Villa next, if they come out of that with no points and we win our home game against Pompey we'll be one point behind them with a much easier run in then there's.  I'm so sick of ifs and buts though!..

Guest Albert Square

We have only one chance and it's to play the footballers and drop the dead donkeys (Butt and/or Nolan).

Pointless even saying it mate, its never happening.

We have only one chance and it's to play the footballers and drop the dead donkeys (Butt and/or Nolan).

Pointless even saying it mate, its never happening.

If Barton is back for next week then one of the two will have to go, so that improves our chances by 50% at least.

Guest Albert Square

I can see it now, we get relegated, sell our best and favourite players, then Joe Kinnear comes back, signed up for 3 years, promising to take us straight back up. He then buys dog shit players and is sacked before Christmas as we fight relegation AGAIN. Ideally i would love Ashley to sell up this summer so we can build again properly, but if we go down we simply cant afford the time.

we're leaving it in stoke & boltons hands to be honest. Two sides that might well be safe by the time they play hull.

They have to beat them.......& we have to pick up a win & a draw atleast.

Hulls results are critical to our suvival now.