Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

I've moved from an 8 to a 9. We needed to win today. We are 2 points and goal difference off 17th and 4 points off 16th. Sunderland's next two games they could realistically win (or draw even) and widen the gap to safety from us. Our fate is no longer in our hands. We need other teams to drop points. We were crap today until Carroll came on and then all of a sudden the team woke up. We are going to need some unexpected results from us and teams around us to save us.

Check the fixtures, just because Sunderland have their easier games at a different time to us doesn't mean that their harder games have any less significance. Im sticking with my 'if we win our home games, we'll stay up' prediction.

I've moved from an 8 to a 9. We needed to win today. We are 2 points and goal difference off 17th and 4 points off 16th. Sunderland's next two games they could realistically win (or draw even) and widen the gap to safety from us. Our fate is no longer in our hands. We need other teams to drop points. We were crap today until Carroll came on and then all of a sudden the team woke up. We are going to need some unexpected results from us and teams around us to save us.

Check the fixtures, just because Sunderland have their easier games at a different time to us doesn't mean that their harder games have any less significance. Im sticking with my 'if we win our home games, we'll stay up' prediction.

I hope you're correct. The trouble is, a few demoralising defeats by Tottenham and Liverpool could kill any embers of hope in our team or fans E.g. 6 points from safety with a few 3 'winable' games? Could the team and fans take the pressure? A bunch of arseholes Stoke's fans may be (every single touch an opposition player has is booed, every decision against them is complained about and anything in the penalty area is a hand ball) but I wish our fans were like that.

Guest firetotheworks

I think people are forgetting about the other teams. 9 for f***s sake.

The other teams have just as many points to pick up as we have, and seem to have the ability to do so now and then.   

Youve just highlighted my point there really. The points theyre picking up theye picking up off each other. We have just as much chance as Boro, Sunderland and Portsmouth to stay up imo.

I think people are forgetting about the other teams. 9 for fucks sake.

The other teams have just as many points to pick up as we have, and seem to have the ability to do so now and then.

Sunderland haven't shown that ability mind.

Anything from Spurs, Liverpool and Villa will just be a (big) bonus, imo. Pompey, Fulham and Boro will effectively decide our fate.

I dont know what to think, tbh. I'm so fucked up and nervous about it.

We got one of the points away from home I think we needed to get if we were going to catch the stragglers. We still need to take at least 7 points from the 3 home games and a point from Spurs and/or Villa will see us safe.

I'll stay a 5 as we're still very much in the shit but battling back to nick a point today is massive. The light at the end of the tunnel is just that little bit brighter.

Still a 5. All to play for. A good point today, Tottenham is a winnable game and we have 3 massive home games. Portsmouth and Hull are getting sucked into it. It would make my year if we beat Liverpool at Anfield to stay up and stop them winning the league. Not likely though.

Still a 5. All to play for. A good point today, Tottenham is a winnable game and we have 3 massive home games. Portsmouth and Hull are getting sucked into it. It would make my year if we beat Liverpool at Anfield to stay up and stop them winning the league. Not likely though.

did u see the game today? not in this world would we be able to go to anfield and win this season

Decent result today, in spite of the performance. If he'd been appointed a bit sooner, Shearer might have had time to footle with the first team formation and whatnot, to find a formula better than the clearly unworkable 4-4-2. The 3-5-2 didn't work but atleast the guy realised the error and eradicated it, something there's been a lack of all season long. He isn't afraid to make decisions on the touchline and whilst he isn't a genius (yet :pow: ), he's got more balls and more nouse than what we've had previously.

That point keeps Sunderland and Hull well and truly in the shit, given the other results - and we've got three very winnable home games. I've been thinking for a couple of weeks that ten points will keep us up; we've got the one - now it's nine to go. We need to find three wins from somewhere.

We'll do it; very, very shit result for Hull today and i still think they'll pip us to that elusive 18th spot.

Slightly more confident, still a 7 or 8.  Important point and could give us some confidence.  Boro victory, while dangerous, could crush Hull and really think they're in serious danger, along with Sunderland of course.  Blackburn and Pompey kept within distance too.

Could even see Hull going without another win.

did u see the game today? not in this world would we be able to go to anfield and win this season

Yeah, it was said in jest mate. I know it's not gonna happen, just hate Liverpool thats all.

Its at an 8 or 9 for me.

But every result can change that I guess, its just that we can be so unpredictable!

Its going to the final match imo, which scares me shitless.

But then again I also feel semi-numb too, I mean when you've made all the mistakes we have in one season and mismanaged endlessly, this is the price you pay.

Its at an 8 or 9 for me.

But every result can change that I guess, its just that we can be so unpredictable!

Its going to the final match imo, which scares me shitless.

But then again I also feel semi-numb too, I mean when you've made all the mistakes we have in one season and mismanaged endlessly, this is the price you pay.

If that's true then i'm very satisfied. Hull play Manu.

it's over

we're not coming back from this

EDIT: just seen the mackems are only 2 points away and probably won't pick up more than 6 points rest of the season, 9!!!!   :kinnear:

i agree, wed be a ten , but for the makems, its us or them now, hopefully thier shitness will pull us through like it always has, this time would be the sweetest of them all.

I still think 7 more points and we'll just be safe, but will go into the final day of the season with the chance of going down.

Can't see Hull getting another 3 points, if they did, that would put them on 37 with a terrible goal difference.

Boro and Pompey at home are simply must wins, spurs, fulham, villa represent chances to pick up draws.

for some strange reason im more confident this morning than i was the last few weeks.

I can honestly see us getting 3 points v Spurs. Need to start Big Andy Carroll.

When is Barton due back?