Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Cannot abide the idea that we should be punished as fans because of someone else's mistakes.

I think a lot of people expect us to go down, get sold and then come back up. I fear we'll go down and the cycle will start again. We should be removing him through demonstration and abstinence from the club, not hoping we cut our own throats because it might hurt Ashley a little bit. A rich man being slightly less rich at the expense of the club and the hope that it would be enough to drive him out is not a gamble I'd be willing to take. We'd be a harder sell as a Championship club as well.

Not that I have another bright ideas to remove him mind. 

That Cisse goal in the last few minutes v Hull might turn out to be the one key moment in the end.

There's hundreds of potential 'key moments', such as the last minute goals conceded vs sunderland, stoke, burnley, Man U and Palace at home, which cost us a mere 8 points.

Cannot abide the idea that we should be punished as fans because of someone else's mistakes.

I think a lot of people expect us to go down, get sold and then come back up. I fear we'll go down and the cycle will start again. We should be removing him through demonstration and abstinence from the club, not hoping we cut our own throats because it might hurt Ashley a little bit. A rich man being slightly less rich at the expense of the club and the hope that it would be enough to drive him out is not a gamble I'd be willing to take. We'd be a harder sell as a Championship club as well.

Not that I have another bright ideas to remove him mind. 

This season has been awful. Last season was awful as soon as it became obvious we had no plans to challenge for Europe or the cups. More of the same next year? Nope. Not for me. I want change. Any change.

I don't want more of the same but I also don't want to see the club relegated in the hope that it will solve all our problems. What if it doesn't? What if he still doesn't sell and we've got the exact same problems in the Championship. If they won't change their plans for premier league riches why will the management change in a lower division?

Pardew almost relegated us twice and he was bulletproof so I'm not convinced that if we went down ashley would just leave. he hasn't shown anything thus far to suggest he's desperate to protect his investment so how afraid of the championship can he be? Might think we will bounce straight back again and the cycle can start anew.

I had a dream last night that we escaped relegation. We were playing Stockport or someone instead of WHU, though. We were 0-1 down at HT, and Hull were 1-0 up. Carver was running around the Gallowgate concourse at HT shouting 'It's gonna be horrible, get ready for what's about to happen!' When I woke up, we were winning 4-2, and the Hull game was 1-1. I assume the scores stayed that way. Let's all hope this is exactly what happens on Sunday.

It just seems like we're destined to go down. Everything is aligning to make it happen. I was gutted last time but if it does happen again it'll probably raise a partridgeshrug at the most.

I don't want more of the same but I also don't want to see the club relegated in the hope that it will solve all our problems. What if it doesn't? What if he still doesn't sell and we've got the exact same problems in the Championship. If they won't change their plans for premier league riches why will the management change in a lower division?

Pardew almost relegated us twice and he was bulletproof so I'm not convinced that if we went down ashley would just leave. he hasn't shown anything thus far to suggest he's desperate to protect his investment so how afraid of the championship can he be? Might think we will bounce straight back again and the cycle can start anew.

What difference does it make which division you're in?

I had a dream last night that we escaped relegation. We were playing Stockport or someone instead of WHU, though. We were 0-1 down at HT, and Hull were 1-0 up. Carver was running around the Gallowgate concourse at HT shouting 'It's gonna be horrible, get ready for what's about to happen!' When I woke up, we were winning 4-2, and the Hull game was 1-1. I assume the scores stayed that way. Let's all hope this is exactly what happens on Sunday.

:lol: Been more than a year since we've scored 4, iirc. So your brain was flat out fucking with you.

It just seems like we're destined to go down. Everything is aligning to make it happen. I was gutted last time but if it does happen again it'll probably raise a partridgeshrug at the most.

That's it. We can pin our hopes on logic, or take a look at what's actually happening. Everyone else is getting weird results, it's just so inevitably going to end with a Hull win.

That Cisse goal in the last few minutes v Hull might turn out to be the one key moment in the end.

There's hundreds of potential 'key moments', such as the last minute goals conceded vs sunderland, stoke, burnley, Man U and Palace at home, which cost us a mere 8 points.

That one though could have been the difference between us sacking Pardew then and either replacing him properly (:yao:) and being nowhere near where we are, or Carver being appointed sooner, not having that jammy month where we won 4-5 in a row, and being relegated since February. As well as the 3 point swing.

How much are all those ridiculously bad penalty decisions going to cost us in the end. Obviously not absolving Carver here but my god if just one of them had been called correctly (and converted of course) we could be in a situation where we don't need to beat West Ham this week end to survive.

How much are all those ridiculously bad penalty decisions going to cost us in the end. Obviously not absolving Carver here but my god if just one of them had been called correctly (and converted of course) we could be in a situation where we don't need to beat West Ham this week end to survive.

I'm pretty sure we've had many moments of luck as well. We've been s*** it's as easy as that. We deserve to go down if we do! (we deserve it anyway imo)

Look at our last starting eleven and then ask yourself why we've plummeted down the table...........

01 Krul (clearly has the hump and wants out)

22 Janmaat (knows he's too good for the dross he's surrounded by, wants out)

02 Coloccini (tried to get out. Still wants out. Played like he's not wanted to be here for the last two years)

36 Dummett (Will stay)

18 Gutiérrez (Leaving and treat like absolute shite when dealing with his health issues)

04 Taylor (Aarons - 64' ) (Taylor is crap, Aarons not fit and probably won't stay)

14 Colback (Whatever, ginger cunt)

17 Pérez (Would easily get a move to a far better club and he probably knows it)

07 Sissoko (Head is not right in terms of attitude nor footballing intelligence)

20 Cabella (Ameobi - 73' ) (Flop and knows there's very little believe in him) (Ameobi - leaving)

29 Riviere (Cissé - 63' ) (Flop) (Cisse has clearly wanted out for a couple of years too)

When you look at that it's a total and utter whitewash of both Ashleys model and modus operandi.

We cannot complete when they treat athletes like they're factory workers. This is very clearly not a traditional employer/employee scenario and we're paying the price for Ashley's general cuntishness in dealing with people.

None of them give a shite because none of them will fucking be here to face the consequences of the relegation.

And those that will stay............the Ginger Cabaye and Dummett are total fucking passengers anyway.

A shocking indictment of our club and a great indication of life under Ashley. You reap what you sow, fatboy.

I'm pretty sure we've had many moments of luck as well. We've been s*** it's as easy as that. We deserve to go down if we do! (we deserve it anyway imo)

In this 11 game run, they've not had a lot of luck but you do make your own luck, like Sunderland did at Everton and we've done nothing to generate our own. I think in this current run, the 45 mins in the second half against Arsenal, is the only time we can say we  deserved a bit a luck to flow to us.

Those penalty appeals though were awful decisions, the handball against Southampton in the last minute springs to my mind immediately.

Guest chopey

The decision to stick with carver with three games to go rather than spend some money on new manager bounce was the final nail for me