Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Shelvey and Townsend are gonna have to be shit-hot and Mitrovic is gonna have to drastically improve in front of goal. We've made two decent signings but it isn't anywhere near enough to catapult us. A goalscorer would have given us the edge over the likes of Norwich and the Mackems. We haven't got that so we still might be fucked.

Crossing our fingers again, basically. Don't give two shits about what we've spent. We've fucked up so much that £80m still isn't enough (£26m of which has essentially been wasted btw, when/if you consider Thauvin and Mitrovic as failures).

If we don't sign a good striker we deserve to go down. We might stay up, like.

It's been said but unless we get someone to put the ball in the back of the net it doesn't matter how much service you buy. We've made some decent-ish aquisitions so far but ultimately it'll be futile without a striker, a left back wouldn't go amiss either, if we haven't run out of ideas by now. One thing's for certain Gomis isn't the answer to our goal drought.

OK - this is the bottom half:

11 Crystal Palace 23 -3 31

12 Everton 23 6 29

13 Chelsea 23 -2 28

14 West Brom 23 -8 28

15 Swansea 23 -9 25

16 Bournemouth 23 -11 25

17 Norwich 23 -15 23

18 Newcastle 23 -16 21

19 Sunderland 23 -18 19

20 Aston Villa 23 -20 13

I don't think there's any chance of Chelsea or Everton dropping, they've got too much to them. Villa are surely gone. Palace have been shit, but have some very winnable matches coming up, so I make them safe too. That leaves two from six, with only nine points separating you.

Bournemouth - good couple of purchases in Jan, on a good run, excellent coach, squad may get stretched.

Newcastle - 4 new players, need players back from injury, mediocre form, tough Feb.

Norwich - tons of new players, ropey defence, awful form, tough-ish Feb.

Sunderland - lots of players in and out, mediocre form, scary next four games.

Swansea - quiet transfer window, decent enough form, three winnable games coming up.

West Brom - quiet transfer window (in the end), mediocre form, winnable games coming up.

As things stand, I have Norwich and Sunderland as the two going down with Villa.

Can't believe Villa signed no one. Cast iron message from Randy Lerner he;ll see the club in to the Championship and won't lift a finger to stop it.

They(the fans) must be going ape shit. If your owner isn't going to fight for his investment, then who is?

looking at the table scares me having a game in hand aside the gap is starting to form just hope we can get a run going which would be something we havent managed in a season and a half I am at an 8 at the minute.

Staying up basically involves 1) staying ahead of Villa and Sunderland. 2) clawing back a 2 point gap on Norwich (or another team who start to freefall.)

Not trying to dress this up as anything other than an awful season regardless of what happens in the next few months, it's been deeply disappointing but if it comes down to brass tacks then those 2 conditions are all it'll take to survive. I think we'll make heavy weather of it but I think we'll do it. If others only give us a 10% or 20% chance of doing that then that's up to them obviously. 

Bournemouth - good couple of purchases in Jan, on a good run, excellent coach, squad may get stretched.

Newcastle - 4 new players, need players back from injury, mediocre form, tough Feb.

Norwich - tons of new players, ropey defence, awful form, tough-ish Feb.

Sunderland - lots of players in and out, mediocre form, scary next four games.

Swansea - quiet transfer window, decent enough form, three winnable games coming up.

West Brom - quiet transfer window (in the end), mediocre form, winnable games coming up.

As things stand, I have Norwich and Sunderland as the two going down with Villa.

Didn't see anything tonight to change my mind.

looking at the table scares me having a game in hand aside the gap is starting to form just hope we can get a run going which would be something we havent managed in a season and a half I am at an 8 at the minute.

Home games I think we'll get a few wins. It's just the mentality away from home that's the biggest concern. I don't see Shelvey and the new boys changing that too much.

From now to the end of the season we need to go for the throat like Leicester have this season.

If we loose to Everton its a massive pressure on the side as taking Norwich out of the equation everyone immediately ahead of us will then be 7 points ahead of us thats more than 1 win is going to solve and seen as so far the side cannot put two wins together on a regular basis we are going to be down there for a while adding more pressure. Not sure how much new signings has on the playing squad in terms of morale we just seem so fragile we are so in the shit it does not look very good.

I guess I may calm down in the new lads gell and pull us collectively out of the shit but it we get served up same old same old we are fucked.

http://i.imgur.com/t8Ha88J.png

Despite that West Brom equaliser we're still in deep shit. Effectively six points behind Swansea.

Of the teams above us, only Norwich look genuinely shite.

exactly, we are relying on 2/3 sides to go on a poor run and for us to do something we have been simply incapable of doing in more than a year not wanting to  dismiss the new signings and their potential influence on our fortunes or style of play but effectively it may not turn around straight away and if it doesnt it may be too late to catch 1/2 to get to 16th /17th what a season whoever in the board descided to state top 8 needs to be taken outside and shot.