Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

8, there's still quite a bit out of our control that needs to go our way.

Im not so sure, we only have to hope sundeland lose on of their 3 and then it's completely in our own hands. Still a big ask but we've got a great chance now.

Aye, he stands out so much because the other 10 players with him are all absolute dross and he's the main/only point of threat so they play absolutely everything through him.

He'd be good for teams like the mackems, West Brom, Watford etc. but that's his level.

Are you implying that Newcastle are above his level?  :lol:

Aye, he stands out so much because the other 10 players with him are all absolute dross and he's the main/only point of threat so they play absolutely everything through him.

He'd be good for teams like the mackems, West Brom, Watford etc. but that's his level.

This is why we need some level headed posters from other teams, get a sense of perspective :)

Defoe is class and always has been. There's not much more to say on the subject.

I don't even dislike him as a person, seems a sound bloke.

Where did I imply that like? Simply listed three teams that he'd be good for, of course he'd be good for us as a striker is one area we definitely need to improve.

Anyone below or around those 3 teams in the table, he'd be good for. But that is his level.

Defoe is class and always has been. There's not much more to say on the subject.

He's a bible bashing Christian who goes around shagging pole dancers. You can do one or the other but not both.

He's a bible bashing Christian who goes around shagging pole dancers. You can do one or the other but not both.

Seem to remember some very crap documentary following him and his then vacuous squeeze ( Danni Lloyd??) and him coming over as a complete bell end.

Sunderland actually have to beat Chelsea and Everton within days by the way. That's still a mountain of a task.

Only if we beat Villa. Pressure is on us to win that, more than them this weekend to beat Chelsea.  It's a shame their game in hand to Everton isnt this midweek instead of next

Sunderland actually have to beat Chelsea and Everton within days by the way. That's still a mountain of a task.

Only if we beat Villa. Pressure is on us to win that, more than them this weekend to beat Chelsea.  It's a shame their game in hand to Everton isnt this midweek instead of next

The GD is still handcuffing us, all they need to do to head into the final game with their destiny in their own hands is to win one and draw one or draw two if we fail to beat villa (discounting Norwich, which could be a big mistake) unless we can somehow put 7 or more past Villa. Don't think that's impossible considering the motivation of the teams they have to play. We are still very much outsiders here, Norwich are not dead yet either and they played pretty well at Arsenal. It's going to be a nervy couple of weeks for sure.

Whatever happens Rafa has sent us out fighting with a team that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag under McClaren.

If Rafa had came in and continued getting beat I would have been gutted for him as the media would just right him off and laugh that he "didn't have the experience for relegation"

He's already proved he can turn a team around at the foot of the table and above all else I just hope he stays.

Decent results for us today, Man Utd still in with a shout of the top 4 means they go Norwich next needing to win.

Sunderland are the ones i'm worried about, if Chelsea can beat them and we beat Villa, all the pressure is on Sunderland but their fixtures aren't the hardest against teams with nowt to play for.

Man...if go down to Villa Park and get the 3 points I believe we will obtain down there. And Chelsea beat Sunderland, Man Utd beat Norwich. Midweek, all eyes on the fucking TVs on here, if Everton pul out the win versus Sunderland and Norwich draw or lose to Watford. Sweet fucking jesus. The Joy here man.

Man...if go down to Villa Park and get the 3 points I believe we will obtain down there. And Chelsea beat Sunderland, Man Utd beat Norwich. Midweek, all eyes on the fucking TVs on here, if Everton pul out the win versus Sunderland and Norwich draw or lose to Watford. Sweet fucking jesus. The Joy here man.

Very fucking possible.

I believe.

Cant see sunderland losing at home twice sadly

True,  but I can't see them winning twice either. They need at least one win and if we beat Villa (a big if I know considering our away form) then they will be needing 4 points from those two home games to keep it in their own hands on GD.

They are third bottom of the 'home' league table with the second lowest number of home wins after Villa (only four), and both teams they are playing are in the top half of the away league table. Everton's season has been built on their away form.

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

Big Sam is going to have to gamble and throw more forward than their standard 4-1-4-1 allows, if they are going to turn these draws into wins. Can see Chelsea and Lukaku having fun in the extra space.

My worry is us beating Villa. Can see their spiteful fans coming out of the woodwork to give them a lift for their last home prem game.

Guest chopey

I'm still convinced that we will go down however the thought that we could be safe by next Wednesday is still a weird feeling.