Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don’t think it will take 40 points to stay up. It hasn’t taken that many since 2010/11 and it seems highly unlikely that will change this season.

Not quite the same thing, but the Mackems would have been relegated last year even if they had reached 40 points (rather than the 24 they actually managed.)

I don’t think it will take 40 points to stay up. It hasn’t taken that many since 2010/11 and it seems highly unlikely that will change this season.

Not quite the same thing, but the Mackems would have been relegated last year even if they had reached 40 points (rather than the 24 they actually managed.)

Not the same thing at all. Watford would have stayed up last year on GD with 34 points.

Nearly halfway then. Tonight puts Everton on 25 points from 18 games, with the players they have it looks like they're going to have no worries for the rest of the season. Watford seemed like they'd be fine but are on a shitty run of just 7 points from 10 games (3 from us of course :jesuswept:). Huddersfield will be well chuffed with 21 points at this stage but I still think they could easily go on a long losing run when injuries and suspensions hit home.

So it's three from eleven, nobody is safe.

Think Swansea, West Brom and Bournemouth look most likely to save our skin, if we can make a few signings and turn our form around. Always suspected the likes of Crystal Palace and West Ham would have enough quality to start picking up results again.

Thought I'd have a look at the teams around us' next 6 games.

Swansea City (20th, 12pts, -13 GD)

Crystal Palace (h)

Liverpool (a)

Watford (a)

Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Newcastle United (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Bromwich Albion (19th, 14pts, -11 GD)

Stoke City (a)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (h)

West Ham United (a)

Brighton & HA (h)

Everton (a)

Newcastle United (18th, 15pts, -11 GD)

West Ham United (a)

Manchester City (h)

Brighton & HA (h)

Stoke City (a)

Swansea City (h)

Manchester City (a)

Stoke City (17th, 16pts, -20 GD)

West Bromwich Albion (h)

Huddersfield Town (a)

Chelsea (a)

Newcastle United (h)

Manchester United (a)

Huddersfield Town (h)

Bournemouth (16th, 16pts, -9 GD)

Manchester City (a)

West Ham United (h)

Everton (h)

Brighton & HA (a)

Arsenal (h)

West Ham United (a)

West Ham United (15th, 17pts, -15 GD)

Newcastle United (h)

Bournemouth (a)

West Bromwich Albion (h)

Tottenham Hotspur (a)

Huddersfield Town (a)

Bournemouth (h)

The poll is skewed far too high like - 80% chance we'll get relegated really?

2 months without a victory. It's not like we're unlucky either...

edit: Voted 7. 2 or 3 wins from the next games including middle of january would help alot.

The poll is skewed far too high like - 80% chance we'll get relegated really?

2 months without a victory. It's not like we're unlucky either...

edit: Voted 7. 2 or 3 wins from the next games including middle of january would help alot.

And currently sat in the relegation zone. While it doesn't mean that's how it will end up, there is no clearer indication. Sitting below that little line at this stage in a season should have everyone voting 6 or higher.

I still think one of Brighton and Huddersfield, if not both, will get pulled right into it.

They might well do, problem is, we look arguably the worst team out of all the relegation sides as it stands. The ones who have a couple of big players are getting results now, such as Palace and West Ham.

I feel we have to pick up a minimum of 5 points from West Ham, Brighton, Stoke.

If we could get 7 points that would be great. Get some early signings in, and we'd be set up for Swansea game.

Tbh considering we've only taken 1 point from 9 games, it's actually incredible, we're only 1 point from safety.