Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we managed to get points from Man City in a Cup game we've done really f***ing well like! :lol:

:lol:

Still cautious...or that maybe just me :lol:

5 still for me.

Couple of tough games on the horizon...lets see what they are made of.  I will re evaluate after next couple of games.

Worry for me is this lot seem fucking bi polar... couple of defeats and all team morale and spirit seems to evaporate too quickly. On the positive side, a couple of wins and they seem tighter than ever mind.

i know this may be true of all teams just seems our lot appear to implode a lot quicker.

Still a 6 for me (just barely more than likely). We'll lose the next two and at least one of WBA and Swansea at which time the alarm bells will be deafening. I'd say the makems and Palace are going down and then it is between us, Cardiff and Norwich... with us probably favoured unless something drastic changes.

Still a 6 for me (just barely more than likely). We'll lose the next two and at least one of WBA and Swansea at which time the alarm bells will be deafening. I'd say the makems and Palace are going down and then it is between us, Cardiff and Norwich... with us probably favoured unless something drastic changes.

it has potential echoes of how last season went south, i agree, but i don't think we're quite at this stage yet - mind you it's entirely feasibly we might lose 4 of the next 5 games, find it hard to see us winning more than 2 of them, most likely 1 tbh

with any luck it'll be enough to see pardew off

If we beat Sunderland at the weekend I honestly think that's one of the spots gone already. They're looking absolutely fucked; without a morale-boosting derby win they've got nothing.

Palace will probably go too, they just don't have enough good players. We won't go down barring an absolute disaster, we've already shown enough IMO.

pretty much agree, but we are good at having these :lol:

If we beat Sunderland at the weekend I honestly think that's one of the spots gone already. They're looking absolutely fucked; without a morale-boosting derby win they've got nothing.

Palace will probably go too, they just don't have enough good players. We won't go down barring an absolute disaster, we've already shown enough IMO.

We've already got nearly double the points we had at this stage in 08/09 though.

We desperately needed a decent start and relatively speaking we've had one.

aye, was just kidding about our numerous fuck ups, we wont go down. 7-9th imo.

err, 10 days. Fucks ups. Lose Derby to shitest ever side in pathetic fashion. Ashletygoes mental again. Out the only competition we have any hope in.  JFK in full effect.

• 4 weeks later...

We've already got nearly double the points we had at this stage in 08/09 though.

We desperately needed a decent start and relatively speaking we've had one.

aye, was just kidding about our numerous fuck ups, we wont go down. 7-9th imo.

err, 10 days. Fucks ups. Lose Derby to shitest ever side in pathetic fashion. Ashletygoes mental again. Out the only competition we have any hope in.  JFK in full effect.

shut up.

I don't think we've any chance of going down now. We've got plenty of points on board for this stage of the season, and have also won two games that the other teams are unlikely to win - Chelsea and Spurs. I also think Palace, Sunderland and Norwich have no chance of staying up.

I think today's game, even though me made it hard on ourselves, shows just how much more quality we have than the ones at the bottom of the league, which makes it maddening that we lost to the Makems and Hull and drew at home with West Ham. Not much chance of us having much to worry about this season thankfully, barring us doing something to shoot ourselves in the foot or a dramatic loss of form.

I'm sorry to kill off your optimism, but have you forgotten that there's something called a transfer window in January?

You could argue that a fair percentage of the windows over the past few seasons have seen us come out stronger than we went in, no?

A third of the way through the season and we're in amongst the Manchesters, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and we've competed with them in our head to head fixtures (City apart) as well. Slipped under the radar a bit in the medias eyes, Southampton and Everton getting the plaudits so far might do us a favour and keep the pressure off us a bit.