Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still think there's worse than us that will save us. Sunderland & Bournemouth 100% gone imo. Would take something massive from Garde to save Villa and Norwich look poor too.

we've got to get some points soon mind, because everyone else will at some stage - it always happens, even the shite manage to scrape some wins

if we can get one win and a couple of draws at least before the window then quickly address the fucking horror story of our squad by signing the right people for the right positions (at least 4 players) then i think we could go on a run maybe

not convinced about mcclaren though, the rot remains deep and he doesn't seem able to motivate them out of it

4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders out wide and 2 usless ones in the middle is a massive part of the problem. Would like to see us revert back to 4-3-3 with Anita sitting behind Sissoko and Wijnaldum, Thuavin on the right and Ayoze on the left. Couldn't be any worse than the last few performances.

Need someone like Moyes, a physically dominant CM, Shawcross and a proven PL goalscorer like Austin and we'll be OK. We'll get none of these things, though.

Allardyce will look for cheap versions of those players in January and it might be enough to keep them up. It's not fantasy football but it will keep you up.

It's amazing we are not cast adrift already, the shitness of the teams below us is a huge relief for McClaren. We have to make a change though to survive, no way we can expect 3 teams to be worse than we are currently playing.

it's just so depressing being a fan of this club right now, they want to fill the stadium again, it's a so simple solution, give the fans something worth spending their money on, worth turning up for. This club right now doesn't deserve the support, doesn't deserve blind faith and certainly doesn't deserve people being so invested in them, that their mood is constantly effected by their lack of effort and performance they continually subject us to.

Most fans with half a brain could see that firstly Pardew was taking us nowhere, then replacing him with Carver was a disaster waiting to happen and that appointing McClaren would take us nowhere but further down to the levels of nothingness that this club has become. If even half witted supporters could see this then why couldn't people who we are paying millions to, to look after the best interests of the club foresee this.

It's shocking that a team like Leicester, with the little investment they have made just in their 2nd PL season, can come to SJP and play us off the park the way they did, it wasn't even close and utterly embarrassing. 

The squad requires major surgery. Those who run the club have really screwed up. Ashley will be desperate for NUFC to stay in the Premiership as next season the new deal kicks in with even more money just for being in the Premiership. January isn't a good time to buy as teams don't want to sell their good players and if they do it will be for over the going rate. Players will be worried about moving with the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament coming up (unless they aren't currently getting game time).

Which players want to join teams in and around the relegation zone?

We should go down the loan route to help pad out the squad.

I wonder if the people who run NUFC have finally realised that only relying on young prospects from foreign leagues is a crazy strategy? We need to get some more mature, experienced players.

Guest neesy111

If we just about scrape survival again, I wonder if Ashley will finally see that it's his fault. He's got to be smart on some level.

He'll sack Charnley first.

It's amazing we are not cast adrift already, the shitness of the teams below us is a huge relief for McClaren. We have to make a change though to survive, no way we can expect 3 teams to be worse than we are currently playing.

it's just so depressing being a fan of this club right now, they want to fill the stadium again, it's a so simple solution, give the fans something worth spending their money on, worth turning up for. This club right now doesn't deserve the support, doesn't deserve blind faith and certainly doesn't deserve people being so invested in them, that their mood is constantly effected by their lack of effort and performance they continually subject us to.

Most fans with half a brain could see that firstly Pardew was taking us nowhere, then replacing him with Carver was a disaster waiting to happen and that appointing McClaren would take us nowhere but further down to the levels of nothingness that this club has become. If even half witted supporters could see this then why couldn't people who we are paying millions to, to look after the best interests of the club foresee this.

It's shocking that a team like Leicester, with the little investment they have made just in their 2nd PL season, can come to SJP and play us off the park the way they did, it wasn't even close and utterly embarrassing. 

We got played off the park at Bournemouth in the previous game and they are an even smaller team. Any team that comes at us hard must know we will break out the vaseline and bend over.

First time time this season that I've thought relegation is more likely than not.  For a start we are horribly unbalanced as a side, we've got f*** all down the wings and zero creativity from the middle.  Sissoko and Wijnaldum are good players but seriously, what positions are they supposed to be playing? Defensively we are as bad as ever and we lack pace throughout the side.

We just can't score goals and we concede an absolute truck load, that means only one thing.  There are no redeeming features with this side barring one or two individuals, zero leadership and a manager who looks absolutely clueless.  Alan Pardew was awful but even he scraped a few results which turned into a flurry which saved our skins and it was usually around his time of year. 

Down

that norwich game is looking like a long term disaster for us because mcclaren appears to be banking everything on that happening every single match from what i can see

He switched them into a midfield 3 for the whole second half and neither got a kick. They were actually disgraceful.

Think we need to fix the spine of the team - CB, CM and CF with a LB also needed. Austin seems a no-brainer (so we'll probably not buy him). Matip looks decent - tall, scores goals and looks strong. I'd spunk most of it on a CM - whatever it takes as it is such a glaring weakness.

4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders out wide and 2 usless ones in the middle is a massive part of the problem. Would like to see us revert back to 4-3-3 with Anita sitting behind Sissoko and Wijnaldum, Thuavin on the right and Ayoze on the left. Couldn't be any worse than the last few performances.

We played that exact formation all second half and looked absolutely minging.

well - if there is anything positive it must be our summer signings. The supposed plan of improving our squad over the next windows must be executed faster.

I really want McClaren to succeed but with ok managers (Moyes, Rodgers etc.) available Ashley must have a plan B come January.

And hire then them on normal terms...

well - if there is anything positive it must be our summer signings. The supposed plan of improving our squad over the next windows must be executed faster.

I really want McClaren to succeed but with ok managers (Moyes, Rodgers etc.) available Ashley must have a plan B come January.

And hire then them on normal terms...

Personally, I rate both of these more than I do SMc; if he didn't currently have the job, he'd be my third choice. The fact he has, makes me less sure of the benefits of change. Continue this form through the next four games, though,  and I can't see us sticking with him for the Jan window.

We can't play a true 433 because Ayoze can't play wide and Thauvin is struggling. We can't play 442 because our midfield is shit and we don't have any wingers to supply Mitrovic. Fuck knows what we can do.

I think he'll come to a point in the season where we're so desperate that he'll at least try a CM of Anita, Tiote and Colback, put Sissoko and Wijnadum on the wings and go with Mitrovic up top and just fucking hoof it whilst getting bodies around Mitro for the flick-on's. Basically a 4-5-1 with a packed midfield to protect a creaking back 4. It's embarrassing how we're forced to compromise the midfield to try to protect the wank defence. Even then we can't do it properly.

Part of the issues in defence are as a result of the midfield too. That's  the issue. Wijnaldum and Anita look remotely bothered but Sissoko has a dreadful attitude and tbh the level of quality in midfield is shite too. CB'S should be Dummett and Mbemba. Colo' shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy or the pitch  (despite him being a decent player previously he's two years passed it) and we should be looking to sign a decent CB and LB in January. Sell Moussa for a generous £15million and cut out the people with the wrong attitudes. Unfortunately, we need people with bollocks now and not just alleged ability. The club is rotten to the core and there's one man to blame.

it's just so depressing being a fan of this club right now, they want to fill the stadium again, it's a so simple solution, give the fans something worth spending their money on, worth turning up for.

They don't need to do any of that. The vast majority will continue to turn up regardless.

I'd go with that.  Worked well at Norwich.  Been utter shit ever since and it seems like we won't go away from it, despite how bad it looks. 

8/10.  I am really worried now.  The only thing that gives me hope and stops it being 10/10.  Is the fact that Villa look dead and buried and sunderland are awful.  They will probably go, even though we'll gift them 6 points again. 

So we're in a battle, with some very average teams, for the third and final spot.  I think we'll probably scrape by and finish 16th or so.  What an exciting thing to look forward to every season.   

I think we'll spend a bit in Jan.  Just like in 2013 when it looked like we were going down.