Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It's pretty easy to say the other two have 'only' got Everton & Watford etc, but both of those teams are far better than Sunderland & Norwich. If results go to how we've all performed over the season, we stay up.

Watford definitely aren't far better. Have lost to Palace and barely beat Villa in the last week

They're 12th in the table just a few points off the top half. They're miles better.

I'm 50/50 on it. My gut feeling is we're staying up. Beat Villa and hopefully Spurs will have 2nd wrapped up and their foot off the gas a bit, so could sneak a win from that too. I'm probably being overly optimistic.

It's pretty easy to say the other two have 'only' got Everton & Watford etc, but both of those teams are far better than Sunderland & Norwich. If results go to how we've all performed over the season, we stay up.

Watford definitely aren't far better. Have lost to Palace and barely beat Villa in the last week

They're 12th in the table just a few points off the top half. They're miles better.

I think that's a bad way of looking at things.

Are Watford miles better than us then? I don't think so.

Sunderland are playing much better now than at the start of the season.

Not lately they haven't been

Massive win today. Mackems are slight favs to stay up, but we have a decent chance. Would never have believed we'd get 8 points from next 4 games after that Southampton match.

FFS if we'd got Rafa in for Stoke game, we'd probably have 4 points more and be practically safe  :rant:

Our best hope is that no one gift wraps Sunderland points, Norwich were the better team against them until the penalty decision, and by all accounts they would have been beaten today if it wasn't for another dodgy penalty.

I think that's a bad way of looking at things.

Are Watford miles better than us then? I don't think so.

Sunderland are playing much better now than at the start of the season.

We haven't had Benitez all season but up to that point, of course they were. Sunderland have had Allardyce most of the season and find themselves in the bottom three. They're a very poor team and where they are for a reason.

I'd actually feel pretty confident right now if Sunderland hadn't equalised.

The mackems aren't winning games, I'll be happy for them to draw their remaining games.

They've only won 7 all season, and in 3 of them the opponents had a man sent off early doors. That's 4 wins against teams with 11 men all season.

They're dogshit.

Us, Chelsea and Man U to win next weekend and we're safe.

Nah. That'd be great but 4 points from their last week would still see sunderland safe if we lost to spurs.

We're not planning on losing to Spurs and we'll not, we'll win simply because we'll have to.

Great results today.

This will be very close, and I think we will need 2 wins from our last 2 games to reach 39 points and probably GD -23 or so. If we get this, I cant see us going down.

Norwich can now reach 40 points maximum, with a home game against Man Utd to play. If they get 2 wins and a draw that would take them to 38. We would have the edge on GD over them if we finished level on points.

Sunderland can reach 41 points maximum, with a home game against Chelsea still to play. Realistically, they probably wont get 3 wins but 2 wins and a draw isn't beyond the realms of possibility. That would keep them up on GD- meaning the goal for them today was massive.

A bit of the pressure is off after today, and now 2 more massive games against a woeful Villa side (with a player sent off today) and a Tottenham side with probably nothing to play for and minus a key player. I fancy us to scrape a win at Villa and then throw the kitchen sink at Spurs at SJP- it could happen.

For me, if we get those 6 points, I'd see Norwich as all but down and it would be us or Sunderland.

Both us and Sunderland are down the bottom for a reason, and so the "occasion" and "passion" and "support" wont really make earning the points a given. I could see Sunderland getting 5 but not 7 points from their 3 fixtures meaning we would need the 6 points from our 2 fixtures. Get them and I think we'll stay up. Fail to do so, and I think we go down.

I'd fancy us to get 6 points more than Sunderland to get 7 or 9.

Great results today.

This will be very close, and I think we will need 2 wins from our last 2 games to reach 39 points and probably GD -23 or so. If we get this, I cant see us going down.

Norwich can now reach 40 points maximum, with a home game against Man Utd to play. If they get 2 wins and a draw that would take them to 38. We would have the edge on GD over them if we finished level on points.

Sunderland can reach 41 points maximum, with a home game against Chelsea still to play. Realistically, they probably wont get 3 wins but 2 wins and a draw isn't beyond the realms of possibility. That would keep them up on GD- meaning the goal for them today was massive.

A bit of the pressure is off after today, and now 2 more massive games against a woeful Villa side (with a player sent off today) and a Tottenham side with probably nothing to play for and minus a key player. I fancy us to scrape a win at Villa and then throw the kitchen sink at Spurs at SJP- it could happen.

For me, if we get those 6 points, I'd see Norwich as all but down and it would be us or Sunderland.

Both us and Sunderland are down the bottom for a reason, and so the "occasion" and "passion" and "support" wont really make earning the points a given. I could see Sunderland getting 5 but not 7 points from their 3 fixtures meaning we would need the 6 points from our 2 fixtures. Get them and I think we'll stay up. Fail to do so, and I think we go down.

I'd fancy us to get 6 points more than Sunderland to get 7 or 9.

Our reason is now on the dole though.

Tim Sherwood and Jamie Redknapp both think we're staying up.

Unfortunately they just see whichever way the wind is blowing and talk some shit.

Its the same squad that has played under the rest and still has significant limitations, which is why I think beating Spurs will be difficult, but with a bit of heart and bit of luck it could well come off.

Both of them look to see who's top of the pile and say that's who it will be, it happens too often in relegation battles where people just say 'It will end as it is'.

Both of them look to see who's top of the pile and say that's who it will be, it happens too often in relegation battles where people just say 'It will end as it is'.

And then whoever stays up, they will obviously say they backed them all along.

Norwich can certainly get 6 points. Depends how broken they are after today. Anything other than a win next week and we are down. The hope is still there but it's not in our own hands unless we beat villa and Chelsea win next week.