Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest neesy111

According to the Sunday Sun. We're only one point better off compared to the equivalent fixtures when we went down.

Aye, we beat Spurs and Liverpool at home the season we went down but only got 1 point this time.

It's why the defeats to the teams expected to be around us worry me slightly, we should stay up but I'd best we get a maximum of 10 points more than when we went down.

I've not got a good handle on your squad - how would you be able to cope with injuries? That's really the only way I see you going down this year. There are a lot of teams with mediocre squads but decent coaching, and the hope is that one or two of the teams with better squads and shitty/new coaching struggle (looking at you, West Ham and Everton, and possibly Stoke).

Guest neesy111

That list is up to debate tbh.  Shelvey only started 1 of the 4 wins we've had this season for example, I'd say Merino is the one player we are missing massively.

Two of the three players we need the most are currently injure; Merino and Atsu (the other being Shelvey).

I know Merino is going to be out for a while, but Atsu will hopefully be back after the International break. I guess how you deal with the absence of Merino will be key. Some very important - and tough - matches coming up. Failing to get at least one win from Watford and West Brom will be a problem. Who replaces Merino? If you struggle without him then you've just got to strengthen in January.

I'd hope that Atsu's injury means that his forced replacement is better like. It's hardly a sure thing and it might be really bad, but Atsu's contribution has basically been that once every 3 or 4 games he'll look possibly effective while still not doing anything, turn a fullback inside out, or make a clever run through the middle for a ball, yet still just win a corner, force a save, or float a ball into the keepers arms. The rest of the time he does even less.

Two of the three players we need the most are currently injure; Merino and Atsu (the other being Shelvey).

I know Merino is going to be out for a while, but Atsu will hopefully be back after the International break. I guess how you deal with the absence of Merino will be key. Some very important - and tough - matches coming up. Failing to get at least one win from Watford and West Brom will be a problem. Who replaces Merino? If you struggle without him then you've just got to strengthen in January.

Be pretty hard to get proper back-up for Merino tbh, from what we've seen of him anyway. We need a proper attack so that our problems in midfield aren't as punishing imo.

Hayden & Shelvey isn't a bad partnership for a bottom half Premiership side (going with the assumption we'll be in a relegation battle - which I don't think we will be tbh). Joselu and Perez ahead of them is the problem.

I'd hope that Atsu's injury means that his forced replacement is better like. It's hardly a sure thing and it might be really bad, but Atsu's contribution has basically been that once every 3 or 4 games he'll look possibly effective while still not doing anything, turn a fullback inside out, or make a clever run through the middle for a ball, yet still just win a corner, force a save, or float a ball into the keepers arms. The rest of the time he does even less.

Don't necessarily disagree with that assessment but his alternatives are worse and he's the only non-Yedlin player in the team with any pace.

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn't we kind of start last season OK though? I'm not worried about going down unless we suffer a horrendous injury list or fail to adequately buy in January. We will obviously be all the more wiser after the new year as to where we are in the table and our likely prospects going forward.

According to the Sunday Sun. We're only one point better off compared to the equivalent fixtures when we went down.

Aye, we beat Spurs and Liverpool at home the season we went down but only got 1 point this time.

It's why the defeats to the teams expected to be around us worry me slightly, we should stay up but I'd best we get a maximum of 10 points more than when we went down.

The defeats to our relegation rivals is a concern, but the way we are set up we will probably win games we'd expect nothing from as well. With no decent striker though, we are going to struggle so it's imperative we get another win quickly to stay ahead of the pack.

That sounds about right. We've had relatively easy fixtures so far and should really have more points in the bank. Our current total projects more toward 40 points than an absolutely average 45 or so.

Don't necessarily disagree with that assessment but his alternatives are worse and he's the only non-Yedlin player in the team with any pace.

I don't even think he is that fast.  He can be direct, but he doesn't look like he will regularly beat his man for pace off the ball.  But he is sometimes crafty enough to work his way past a full back when in possession.  We have a pretty slow squad overall.  As you are probably right about him being our only other regular starter with any kind of speed. 

Irrespective of the takeover we'll be fine. There's some right dross in the league and with Lascelles, Merino, Dummet back and Gayle getting some goals we'll pick up the necessary points. We'll lose a fair few tight games but equally we'll win enough.

I'm not worried because we're organised, we've got great spirit and Rafa is our manager (for the time being at least).