Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Given, on paper, we've had a relatively easy start I think we'll be in real trouble if the form/results stay this way.

Don't understand this easy start theory. We are 13 games in. There's only another 6 to go before we start all over, within those 6 we've got everton, west brom and Leicester.

It's not very scientific, but I coded our games for difficulty (as did others), at the start of the season. Based on last season's poisition and whether home or away. We had less of the most unlikely to win games in the first third of the season. On paper should have picked-up a disproportionate number of points (compared to the other thirds). We were doing alright, it's in this thread somewhere; we aren't now.

Just had a look, this formula was more or less accurate until end of October (predicted  15 pts, got 14 pts). Predicted 7 pts from 4 games in November, got 0 pts from 3 games. Predicted 8 points from 7 relatively harder games in December. We'll see....

I won't post it, but Liverpool's forum RAWK has a league table that judges teams on their results relative to their fixtures, the theoretical difficulty of fixtures being based on last year's table. It's in a thread on that forum called the "Alternative Premier League Table". If you are into stats, take a look. Ignore if not. fwiw, their relegation table has us as joint fourth bottom.

A point or more today and wins against Leicester, Everton and Brighton will be a good return heading into the new year. Anything at West Ham and the other games will be a bonus. Hopefully Lascelles and Atsu are back for that home double header in 2 weeks.

I won't post it, but Liverpool's forum RAWK has a league table that judges teams on their results relative to their fixtures, the theoretical difficulty of fixtures being based on last year's table. It's in a thread on that forum called the "Alternative Premier League Table". If you are into stats, take a look. Ignore if not. fwiw, their relegation table has us as joint fourth bottom.

I imagine that will be because of our 4 wins this season, three have came against the current bottom 3 and 1 against the team in 15th

The biggest thing for me is that we have lost to Brighton,Burnley,Huddersfield,Bournemouth & Watford (teams we should be aiming to take points from) without scoring a single goal that in itself is a very worrying stat. This is down to the simple fact that in my opinion not one of our attacking options is a premier league player and if this continues I can see no other outcome than we will be back in the championship next season. Teams who can not score goals go down its as simple as that

Watford are, sadly, light years ahead of us atm.

The Brighton, Huddersfield and Bournemouth losses were hard to take though.

We could've easily drawn or even won those 3. Fine margins going against us. Sure we'll get a rub of the green soon. No excuses for Watford though, it was a disgusting excuse of a performance.

We'll lose the next 4, possibly 5, no doubt we're in big trouble and on an epic losing streak. Could easily hit double figures.

Edit make that 6.

Possibly beat Brighton at home on the 30th December...lose the rest.