Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Despite losing four in a row and not winning in yonks we're still 12th and most certainly in the pack of shite clubs beneath the top six, Burnley and Watford.

Not going to lie, at 2-0 down I was worried but that comeback showed we've got something. We need to get Lascelles back fit, find a way for Merino and Shelvey to play together and buy a striker. Do that and I think we'll be okay.

The concern is though, that those other teams are likely to invest in January to fix their problems we are not. The comeback tonight was great but at the end of the day, it's another winnable game against a side managed by Gary Megson that we've failed to take 3 points from. We need at least 25 more points, difficult to see us getting close to that unless we start to improve.

Having said that all our wins have come against teams we will be in the mix with the bottom three plus Stoke, we've got a bunch of the weaker sides still to play at home too.

Could really do with Everton beating West Ham tomorrow.

Probably the best thing thinking long term, right?

Psychologically we don't want to be going into our toughest month of the season just 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Being 5 points just gives us an extra bit of leeway.

Psychologically we don't want to be going into our toughest month of the season just 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Being 5 points just gives us an extra bit of leeway.

We don't need Everton finding form before our game with them, fat Sam usually takes a little time to work his "magic", his Palace side lost 5-1 to the Mackems in one of his first games, last season but they will get some new manager bounce.

A draw would be the best result in that game I think.

We don't need Everton finding form before our game with them, fat Sam usually takes a little time to work his "magic", his Palace side lost 5-1 to the Mackems in one of his first games, last season but they will get some new manager bounce.

A draw would be the best result in that game I think.

Lost 0-4 to the mackems at home.

Not sure why people are only just coming to the realisation that no takeover equals relegation now. We've known this for a while now. We have a Championship team.

I think we would stay up anyway as long as Rafa didn't walk out. What that means for the long-term future would obviously be another question.

Even if the takeover happens it might not be in time to buy players in January.

You really think we'll stay up no matter what because we have Rafa? We have one point from Burnley, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Watford and West Brom. That's relegation fodder. Rafa isn't a miracle worker and unless he is backed with signings there's nothing he can do to stop us going back down.

You really think we'll stay up no matter what because we have Rafa? We have one point from Burnley, Bournemouth, Man Utd, Watford and West Brom. That's relegation fodder. Rafa isn't a miracle worker and unless he is backed with signings there's nothing he can do to stop us going back down.

I'm with Ian. We stay up with Rafa imo, with the caveat that we can't lose the likes of Merino for many more chunks of the season.

Rafa knows we are shite and hes trying to polish a turd but theres only so much you can do and it will affect his stock massively if we go down with him at the helm for a full season. He doesn't need that on his CV

People need to realise we have a championship team in the premier league, we cant score goals and we are now shipping them for fun that only equals one thing

I honestly cant see us with this squad and team winning 6 or 7 more games

As has been said previously we have taken 1 point from Bournemouth,Burnley,WBA,Brighton,Huddersfield and Watford scoring 2 goals in the process that's seriously fucking shit and relegation fodder make no mistakes about it

Rafa has made it clear the team needed improvements in the summer. We have 1 win in what, 8 games? Look at our fixtures, if we aren't in the bottom 3 come the January window I'll be happy. We need signings badly.

Rafa knows we are shite and hes trying to polish a turd but theres only so much you can do and it will affect his stock massively if we go down with him at the helm for a full season. He doesn't need that on his CV

People need to realise we have a championship team in the premier league, we cant score goals and we are now shipping them for fun that only equals one thing

As has been said previously we have taken 1 point from Bournemouth,Burnley,WBA,Brighton,Huddersfield and Watford scoring 2 goals in the process that's seriously fucking shit and relegation fodder make no mistakes about it

Those games you've quoted there, we 'just' need to go and beat a decent number of them in the return fixtures. It's by no means impossible like.

About a 5.  We just need to put all our eggs in one basket and go for a striker in January, can’t afford not to.  Our options elsewhere aren’t great but are probably enough to get us above 3 other teams, providing a forward comes in.

I still don't think we'll go down, simply because Rafa's experience and single minded belief will filter down to the team in the end, polished turd or not. A world class manager is an asset a lot of the other teams down there won't have, and most of them would give their right arms for tbh.

The December games take us beyond the halfway point.We've got 15 points. Anybody see us getting more than 5 points?

Chelsea A 0 pts

Leicester H 1pt

Everton H 0 pts

Arsenal A 0 pts

West Ham A 1 pt

----half way----

Man City H 0 pts

Brighton H 3 pts

If we pick up more than 6 points in the next 5 games (hopefully not beyond the realms of possibility) I'd be reasonably content going into the second half of the season, providing we spend that rumoured £20m in January/a takeover actually happens.