Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I just don't see how we'll fashion a win at QPR. I really am worried about this game, and part of me sees us messing this up so badly. We simply haven't seen the hunger and desire to win that's needed in so many games this season, is that going to change now, in this one game, the only game in which it's needed? I fucking hope so. But realistically, a part of me believes we're already down :(

On paper, yes, we should've been mid-table comfortably by now. But week after week we've just seen no positive movement from our players, no players "lining up to score" a la Wigan, no self belief. And cowardly tactics and defeatist thinking. The two draws have been somewhat positive as we could've freaking lost those, but we seem to have not generated any momentum from them either! We closed those games parked in our own half.

Ok- so if Wigan win tonight we drop into bottom three- but is that really as bad as it appears?- it keeps pressure on the sides just above Sunderland, and forces them, southampton etc, to perform in remaining games.

Essentially it doesn't matter either way, if we don't beat QPR we are fucked, if we do we are very very likely to survive.

tend to agree, was thinking of the scenario where we beat QPR and still need to rely on a couple other results.

I can't go along with that, surely we have enough to beat that shower of s****. I'm not confident because so much rides on it, but it's not as if they'll be strong favourites.

We do, but we have enough to not even be involved in this mess to begin with. The said quality is not being harnessed properly and thus leading to the mess we find ourselves in.

Someone on here said it yesterday but we are basically Stoke without the 7 foot ogres and organisation.

For this reason i'm not confident against everyone, we are our own worst enemy sadly.

Mental how little there is between us and 9th place, wonder if picking up just an extra couple of wins would have changed the way we'd have seen the season much considering it would have had us top half.

Mental how little there is between us and 9th place, wonder if picking up just an extra couple of wins would have changed the way we'd have seen the season much considering it would have had us top half.

Would have just hidden all the obvious flaws IMO, just like how Ba scoring goals earlier in season knicking points here and there did.

In some ways i would rather we finished 17th than 9th then it might force some action to fix what is wrong.

Would have just hidden all the obvious flaws IMO, just like how Ba scoring goals earlier in season knicking points here and there did.

In some ways i would rather we finished 17th than 9th then it might force some action to fix what is wrong.

Best we can hope for.

I doubt the final position will make that much difference, the performance has been abject. Know what you're saying though.

I don't. It'll just allow Ashley and Pardew to show that it's been an okay/successful season if we were to finish between 9th-13th imo. (Not that we'll get anywhere close to that)

I think the highest we will finish is 15th.

I used to love looking at our PL finishes.

3,6,2,2,13,13,11,11,4,5,3,                    14,7,13,12,18,11,5, ?

It looks so shit now though post 2004 :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Bricking it about tonight.

Aye. Happy to see you're remaining realistic, and at least cautiously optimistic, about our chances of staying up, though. :thup:

Can't help wondering how Hughton fan boys will feel if Norwich stay up in 17th and we go down 18th on the final day.

Actually, no. scratch that...I really couldn't give a shit.

Can't help wondering how Hughton fan boys will feel if Norwich stay up in 17th and we go down 18th on the final day.

Actually, no. scratch that...I really couldn't give a shit.

Been following the season with a Norwich fan at work, both sides have sunk like stones when they really should have been out of it ages ago. Would prefer Norwich to stay up but obviously not at our expense. mackems go down and everyone's happy.

Guest Phil K

Someone's even written a book about how depressing it is, and nerve-wrenching following this lot.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Magpies-Psychological-Thriller-ebook/dp/B00BY447AA/ref=kinw_tu_ts_2  :cheesy:  :whistle: