Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

Its between us the mackems and Swansea for the final 2 places and the mackems will stay up so its down and out for us. Swansea getting rid of Monk/not replacing him properly will see them down with us. Norwich and Bournemouth have something about them we lack, they haven't been losing 3 to 4 games on the trot and are picking up points here and there. We need to beat WHU and then go on a run of not losing, picking up wins and draws. I can't see it happening.

Sure for now they're looking better, but form for every team will go up and down over the next 17 games HTT.

Bournemouth are 3 points off relegation, Norwich 5. Every single year there's a team which particularly struggles and teams which particularly improve in the second half of the season, it's very hard to predict and it's far from a 3 horse race for 2 spots yet imo.

The last paragraph contradicts itself doesn't it?

Yes it does, should be or instead of and because clearly there has either been some kind of disconnect between the type of player we brought in and the needs of the coach or McClaren is simply not getting what should be expect out of the players at his disposal.

Mildly encouraged by what I watched today. Shelvey is a bit of a game-changer is so much as he gives us something we've not seen for a couple of years, he could be the difference.

I'm back down to a 4.

11 points from our last 8 now, replicate that over the remaining 16 games gives us 43 points. Looks like we might be OK.

Only got to play 3 of the current top 6 in the remaining fixtures too. Little things but it's looking brighter than it was a week or so ago.

I'm not ready to go to as low as a 4-5 yet, 6-7 is where I'm thinking. 5 wins and 2-3 draws and we are safe in my opinion. I know we have the ability to gain safety, but we also have the ability to throw it all away. I don't think anyone can look at us and say for certain that we will stay up or go down.

I had been assuming that Swansea would get out of it but it seems they might be set on imploding.

The mackems will probably get to play a couple more games against 10 men so could sneak out again so my current picks to go are Villa, Swansea and Norwich.

I had been assuming that Swansea would get out of it but it seems they might be set on imploding.

The mackems will probably get to play a couple more games against 10 men so could sneak out again so my current picks to go are Villa, Swansea and Norwich.

Those three look knackered aye, mackems to probably escape it quite late on

I'm still not comfortable about us...but was pleasnatly surprised by Saturdays performance and attitude. (Shelvey being a massive plus)

Villa are gone, Swansea seem to be hell bent on self destruction so for me it's between the filth, us, Norwich and maybe someone who has a last minute dip for the last slot.

Can't see Bournemouth now as they have spent well and have a cracking manager and team ethic.

Not out of the woods but I have to admit I am more confident than I was and 'amazed' at the 4 points we have picked up from the last 2 games.

Huge three points and performance again from us this weekend. We've been saying it a lot lately, but "play like that every week and we'll be fine". We've played some really good stuff in our last three games, all three against top six competition, and we finally picked up the points that we deserved.

Shelvey looks like he'll win us a fair few points, and hopefully will give the rest of the team a lift as well. Would love to see us start pulling away from the relegation zone, and I think we're capable of doing it.

Scoring 5 goals in 2 games and actually creating a fair few chances, is huge.  In quite a lot of the games where we've played well and lost 1-0.  We weren't actually creating that many chances IMO.  I said as much in the Mitrovic thread. 

But we should have scored 3-4 on Saturday and we had plenty of chances against Man U and we were denied a clear penalty.

Still need to sort out our pathetic away form.  5 away goals all season is appalling and we need to turn this around before I start to get quietly confident.  Two pretty tough away games coming up, that will hopefully show us if we have turned the corner.

Still need to sort out our pathetic away form.  5 away goals all season is appalling and we need to turn this around before I start to get quietly confident. 

This is true, the weekend is another big game for us as we're in some sort of form and look very dangerous going forward. It's a game we really need to be looking to win.

Said I would review my vote at the end of the transfer window and I stick by that although there ARE signs of improvement.

There is a tough battle ahead, even with the encouragement of the last 2 games and it will still be difficult to pull clear of the relegation - threatened sides. A result at Watford is essential in order to keep the pressure on the others and its all too easy to slip back into the mire with a bad result.

Will review in 2 weeks...

Down to about 6 for me now. That's more on points total and errant finishing rather than general crapness.

We're making more chances, and have shored it up at the back, even before the new signings.

Eliot has surpassed expectations/fears, so credit to the lad.

Scoring 5 goals in 2 games and actually creating a fair few chances, is huge.  In quite a lot of the games where we've played well and lost 1-0.  We weren't actually creating that many chances IMO.  I said as much in the Mitrovic thread. 

But we should have scored 3-4 on Saturday and we had plenty of chances against Man U and we were denied a clear penalty.

Still need to sort out our pathetic away form.  5 away goals all season is appalling and we need to turn this around before I start to get quietly confident.  Two pretty tough away games coming up, that will hopefully show us if we have turned the corner.

Long term conceding one and then (fairly comfotably) seeing out 40 mins might do the whole team confidence more good then cantering to a 3/4 goal victory

Really? Even before the weekend 70% chance of going down seemed harsh.

Still floating like a turd, in desperate need of a LB and CB.  1 win and everyone jumps on the number 21 happy bus to Flamingo Land.  Yes we played better but we have massive problems to sort out. 

The west Ham game we nearly spilt a two goal lead.