Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Points from the last 18 games of the last 3 seasons:

2012/13 - 21

2013/14 - 16

2014/15 - 12

None of which would be enough to keep us up this year, without even considering the obvious downward trend.

Whichever way you look at it we're fucked I reckon.

I really can't see how we can stay up unless we sign some real, genuine quality this month. At the absolute minimum we need a CB to come in and stabilise that back four in central defence and a striker to put away chances. I just don't have any faith in Charnley and Carr bringing in these proper signings so for that reason I'm resigned to believe we're almost down.

I'd put us at 8 1/2 - 9 currently

We create more chances now than we ever did in Pardew's last couple of seasons and Carver's miserable attempt. We even play with a clearer game plan yet I can't see see us managing to stay up this time around.

I think if we get nothing from these next two games and results around us are bad then I think we'll go down without a fight.

10 days into the window and not a sniff of a player through the doors. We've no chance of staying up.

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap. The manager doesn't give a shit, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a fuck about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

This club is nothing apart from a fucking sad joke.

10 days into the window and not a sniff of a player through the doors. We've no chance of staying up.

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap. The manager doesn't give a shit, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a fuck about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

This club is nothing apart from a fucking sad joke.

Sad but aye, spot on.

We know we lack quality but I just don't see enough characters who are willing to fight to get us out of it too. Most probably know they'll move on if we go down. Furthermore McClaren doesn't seem to have what it takes to fire up what we have for a relegation scrap.

Again, what fight is going to be instilled/inspired by a club that holds no managing director or manager accountable, actively demeans cup competition and is overtly happy with subsistence? Fight had to come from the top and filter down before character and a positive ethic can show. You can cite Nolan and Barton I suppose but Nolan wasn't really effective at this level ultimately and Barton was largely driven by sociopathic tendency.

Tbh I'm having nowt said against Nolan and Barton. We had players with character (particularly these two) and a dressing room scared to not perform.

Now we have want away players, mercanaries and players who are simply too inadequate.

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap. The manager doesn't give a s***, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a f*** about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

This club is nothing apart from a f***ing sad joke.

Spot on. Excellent post.

Tbh I'm having nowt said against Nolan and Barton. We had players with character (particularly these two) and a dressing room scared to not perform.

Now we have want away players, mercanaries and players who are simply too inadequate.

Our last relegation, one was rubbish, the other spent the time injured and getting himself sent-off pathetically and letting Shearer down.

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap. The manager doesn't give a s***, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a f*** about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

You are quite right. Although, I do follow this farce with great interests. It is very rare, and I'm not sure I will witness this a lot of times during my lifetime, an business entity doing everything in their power to deliberately fuck up everything.

They did do that but they were also an integral part of our return to the top flight. As Pardewesque as it may be they at least have a f*** and weren't just mercanaries

As was Coloccini who was being labelled worse than shit at that time as well, easy on a par with the current squad, yet he went on to have 3 very good seasons. Nothing to say if we went down that they wouldn't step up in the same way.

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap.The manager doesn't give a s***, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a f*** about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

Big reason why the drop is just about a formality. The 'shop window' games - where we pick up an unexpected point or more as a result - versus the big guns, are the occasions our best players are motivated & perform as a collective

Best thing is no one cares. None of the players care, they'll be off to pastures new, in fact for some relegation is great for them as it forces the club in to selling them for cheap.The manager doesn't give a s***, he's just hoping he gets lucky if he keeps doing the same thing. The board don't have any idea what they are doing and the fans are just day trippers, couldn't give a f*** about the club and its direction as long as they've had a nice day out with their mates.

Big reason why the drop is just about a formality. The 'shop window' games - where we pick up an unexpected point or more as a result - versus the big guns, are the occasions our best players are motivated & perform as a collective

The biggest reason is that there's no one to shake things up and get some fire in the bellies. Sunderland are in the same predicament but Fat Sam isn't going to let it just drift. He'll tell some home truths in the dressing room and insist on using the transfer window to make changes. He's a horrible fat cunt but he's not a placid one.

Points from the last 18 games of the last 3 seasons:

2012/13 - 21

2013/14 - 16

2014/15 - 12

None of which would be enough to keep us up this year, without even considering the obvious downward trend.

Whichever way you look at it we're fucked I reckon.

Erm 2012/13's 21 points would give us 38 points which is enough to stay up 90% of the time.