Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Dropped to about a 5 now, we're starting to show the shoots of recovery, too early to make a prediction on how long we can keep this form up.

Swansea look fucked, selling a player like Shelvey to us, even if he is a 1 in 5 or whatever they called him, is terrible business. A player that can be a game changer sold on to fellow relegation candidates it's not good business which ever way you put it.

Scoring 5 goals in 2 games and actually creating a fair few chances, is huge.  In quite a lot of the games where we've played well and lost 1-0.  We weren't actually creating that many chances IMO.  I said as much in the Mitrovic thread. 

But we should have scored 3-4 on Saturday and we had plenty of chances against Man U and we were denied a clear penalty.

Still need to sort out our pathetic away form.  5 away goals all season is appalling and we need to turn this around before I start to get quietly confident.  Two pretty tough away games coming up, that will hopefully show us if we have turned the corner.

Long term conceding one and then (fairly comfotably) seeing out 40 mins might do the whole team confidence more good then cantering to a 3/4 goal victory

I'm not sure I get your point here?  Maybe I wasn't clear in my post.  But I was actually pointing out that it's good that we are now creating chances and scoring goals.  Something we've struggled with all season.  Not that we should have beat West Ham 4-0 and I'm annoyed we didn't. 

A win is a win ATM.  So long as we keep creating chances and scoring enough to win, I'm not overly arsed.  But we haven't really done this on the road, hence the grand total of 5 away goals all season.

Scoring 5 goals in 2 games and actually creating a fair few chances, is huge.  In quite a lot of the games where we've played well and lost 1-0.  We weren't actually creating that many chances IMO.  I said as much in the Mitrovic thread. 

But we should have scored 3-4 on Saturday and we had plenty of chances against Man U and we were denied a clear penalty.

Still need to sort out our pathetic away form.  5 away goals all season is appalling and we need to turn this around before I start to get quietly confident.  Two pretty tough away games coming up, that will hopefully show us if we have turned the corner.

Long term conceding one and then (fairly comfotably) seeing out 40 mins might do the whole team confidence more good then cantering to a 3/4 goal victory

I'm not sure I get your point here?  Maybe I wasn't clear in my post.  But I was actually pointing out that it's good that we are now creating chances and scoring goals.  Something we've struggled with all season.  Not that we should have beat West Ham 4-0 and I'm annoyed we didn't. 

A win is a win ATM.  So long as we keep creating chances and scoring enough to win, I'm not overly arsed.  But we haven't really done this on the road, hence the grand total of 5 away goals all season.

23 shots against West Ham, compare that against 7 vs West Bromwich, 10 against Everton and 8 against Villa. The Arsenal and Man u games yielded 15 shots each, so the chances are growing, we just need to make better use of them now.

As long as we can put in some more performance last week we'll be fine. Swansea are looking in serious danger of just giving up, Norwich have a horrible run of fixtures and the mackems are just, well... the mackems.

Shocked at the resurgence by Bournemouth despite losing Gradel and Wilson, I thought they were well and truly fucked especially after losing to us but fair play to Howe and the rest of them, they're doing exactly what they need to do atm.

Sorry, I was adding to your point, not questioning it.

For ages we've had a brittle confidence where a 2-0 lead becomes 2-1 and then inevitably 2-2, regardless on how well we've played. Or a 1-0 with 10 mins left is an inevitable 1-1 etc.etc

Going 2 up and coasting, giving a goal away but then being pretty comfortable in keeping the lead has to aid the belief in the players that we can hold on to leads, whereas a 4/5/6 nil win is very nice on the day but does nothign to prove to the players that they can grind out a win/keep a lead when necessary

As long as we can put in some more performance last week we'll be fine. Swansea are looking in serious danger of just giving up, Norwich have a horrible run of fixtures and the mackems are just, well... the mackems.

Shocked at the resurgence by Bournemouth despite losing Gradel and Wilson, I thought they were well and truly fucked especially after losing to us but fair play to Howe and the rest of them, they're doing exactly what they need to do atm.

Aye, Bournemouth are doing what's required but I can easily see them dropping again. As the season goes on they will tire, especially they way they play, and 1 defeat could easily knock them a bit. They have a good chance of staying up, but I would not rule them out being dragged right back into it.

The reason I'm worried is the lack of teams that are giving up TBH. Villa are basically down, but have started picking up points. Nobody else is completely out of it.

Swansea as well maybe. Not so confident about the mackems tbh, they have goals in them with Defoe and they still look to have decent spirit.

The reason I'm worried is the lack of teams that are giving up TBH. Villa are basically down, but have started picking up points. Nobody else is completely out of it.

Swansea as well maybe. Not so confident about the mackems tbh, they have goals in them with Defoe and they still look to have decent spirit.

Yep, they won't beat anyone at the top but they have a chance against everyone else due to Defoe.

I shall wait until we put a run of results together before being confident we can be safe.  We need to start beating the poorer teams rather than just raising our game against the top sides.

Exactly, 7.