Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

I'm tempted to say that we'd be unlucky to finish on 39 points and still go down, but I think what I really mean is that Rafa would be unlucky.

I'm still allowing myself to hope but I've always thought the mackems would get out of it, and I still do. They're lucky like that every season.

Yeah. Not to mention the fact - and I've been saying this for years - that I just can't see Allardyce taking a team down.

Not sure I agree with that, I was sure he was taking us down.

Not a chance.

I'm still allowing myself to hope but I've always thought the mackems would get out of it, and I still do. They're lucky like that every season.

Yeah. Not to mention the fact - and I've been saying this for years - that I just can't see Allardyce taking a team down.

Not sure I agree with that, I was sure he was taking us down.

Not a chance.

Are we thinking of the same season? The one in which he deployed Cacapa as a deep lying midfielder? :lol:

Anyway, thread hijack. Can't be proven either way now.

We of course need to win against Villa which I'm shitting my pants for now. At the same time, need Chelsea to turn it on and try to take out the mackems GD. Even if Defoe didn't get that goal, it was always the same situation for us. Need to keep winning and hope they drop points against Chelsea and their game in hand against Everton.

An 8 for me, Sunderlands luck and their game in hand are just a big stumbling block.

Still though we can only take it game by game and so far we are out of the relegation zone by doing just that.

It's pretty easy to say the other two have 'only' got Everton & Watford etc, but both of those teams are far better than Sunderland & Norwich. If results go to how we've all performed over the season, we stay up.

Sunderland have been the 4th worst away team in the country and the 3rd worst home team for example. I know our away form is rank but we've got the worst team in the league to come. We're also 10th best at home all season.

It's pretty easy to say the other two have 'only' got Everton & Watford etc, but both of those teams are far better than Sunderland & Norwich. If results go to how we've all performed over the season, we stay up.

Watford definitely aren't far better. Have lost to Palace and barely beat Villa in the last week