Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm going with us winning 3 games in this scenario - including a thumping win on Saturday.

If we get the 9 points and stay up, would people prefer Sunderland or Palace to go down with Norwich and Villa?

I can see Palace losing the next 4 with the cup final on the horizon which would bring us level on points. a few 2/3 wins wins for us and losses for them could bring the goal differences in line so its not cmopletely outside the realms of possibility that we can catch them.

I'm going with us winning 3 games in this scenario - including a thumping win on Saturday.

If we get the 9 points and stay up, would people prefer Sunderland or Palace to go down with Norwich and Villa?

I can see Palace losing the next 4 with the cup final on the horizon which would bring us level on points. a few 2/3 wins wins for us and losses for them could bring the goal differences in line so its not cmopletely outside the realms of possibility that we can catch them.

Fantasyland - I would want Palace down.

I reckon we'll beat Spurs on the last day if we have to. Especially if the title's gone, which is very likely.

Really? ???

What am I missing? :lol:

Leiecester look to be wobbling, Vardy banned and Spurs absolutely flying, think it's very unlikely they'll be more than 3 points ahead before the final game.

They've won 6 and drawn 2 of their last 8. As it stands Vardy is only missing Swansea at home, then they've got Man U away and Everton at home. It'll be won by the end of that game imo.

:thup:

Sadly we need a miracle to stay up imo. At the very least the mackems will gather 6 points from their games against teams with nothing to play for. Even this unlikely optimistic scenario requires us to win all our games to stay up, due to our worse GD.

Despite the improved results, it's obvious that a lot of our players are not right mentally. We can't handle the pressure of a must-win game. Nevermind 3. I think we have to prepare ourselves for a very disappointing end of the season.

Just to complete the depressing post, I predict that we'll lose points against Palace this Saturday. Scene is set for Alan f***ing Pardew to return and complete the job all but mathematically. He has already pretty much killed this club and single-handedly defeated thousands of supporters. Making me and many others cheer the opposition's goals for months ffs.. or was it years?

I've got a bad feeling about playing Pardew right now tbh. Don't like the idea at all.

It's the Villa game for me. Not confident at all :lol: If ever there was a game that's got "Newcastle" written all over it it'll be that.  Villa lose to everyone man, they're one of the worst teams to have ever played in the Prem this season.

Aye, so they'll fucking beat us (or hold to a draw)

Thing is after our norwich loss I'd resigned myself to us being relegated. It's just the Newcastle way to give us hope only for the rug to be pulled from under us in the last few games. They've just programmed me to expect the worst outcome after all these years .

Could do with Delli Alli being banned for the rest of the season.

When will we find out, any idea?

He'll get charged at some point this week, then be able to appeal/request a personal hearing etc.

It'll all be resolved before Spurs next play though, as the ban would commence in the next game.

EDIT - he's just been charged

Surely Spurs will just accept it, get him back from suspension next season and give him a break until the Euros?

Aye, otherwise he'll possibly get another game added onto it which would be the first game of next season.

Not sure about the break though - if I was manager I'd be making him come in early every day for being such a twat. If Spurs had won last night, he'd be banned for some huge games.

If anyone wants to cheer themselves up have a scroll through some of the pages here: https://www.villatalk.com/forum/16-villa-talk/

It's quite worrying actually, the similarities between some of the posts on there and some posts on here under the Ashley era.

Although I do absolutely despise Villa and would have loved us to have been in a situation going there Saturday week to laugh at them - it's just another example of a football club being used and abused by somebody with no interest or knowledge in football.

If Stoke Beat Sunderland and we beat Palace, how many would make us favourites to stay up?

I personally wouldn't, I think Stoke away is one of the mackems' hardest games left - if they get anything there then regardless of our result I think it could be all over.

The games I worry about are Everton and Watford, as both seem to be losing their managers at the end of the season and the players gave up three weeks ago.

I still think we need 7 or 9 points to stay up as the mackems have such an easy run-in.

Only thing certain is no less than six points in next two matches. That might have achieved our goal or we may need something v Spurs.

Which Alli might miss now.

Yeah cause without Alli that team has less talent than a wankstain :lol:

Only thing certain is no less than six points in next two matches. That might have achieved our goal or we may need something v Spurs.

Which Alli might miss now.

Yeah cause without Alli that team has less talent than a wankstain :lol:

Obviously he's not their only good player, but he's been dangerous for them - hopefully the title race will be over and some of their other plays might be looking at the Euros.

(Let me have this, please.)