Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I just don't see any benefit in us staying up this year.

If the takeover isn't dead, I really want to stay up. Otherwise I don't care. But I don't see any benefit from relegation.

There is no benefit from relegation - it’s been proven twice.

We go down - Ashley ‘lends’ the club more money, increasing our debt to him. When we come back up, he increases his asking price due to the rising money in football and to recoup the higher ‘loan’. Rinse and repeat.

Our only hope of a positive future is a less than amazing TV deal being announced (to reduce Ashley’s interest/not cause him to ask for £500000m) and to stay up with Rafa at the helm - if we do, a deal might be done. If we go down, we’ll be nowhere near a deal.

People still clinging onto hope that Ashely won’t be here for years and years more?

Poor soul, it is the hope that kills, learn to accept the truth. It is very difficult, I know, but at least it reduces the inevitable feeling of dissapointment once accepted.

People still clinging onto hope that Ashely won’t be here for years and years more?

Poor soul, it is the hope that kills, learn to accept the truth. It is very difficult, I know, but at least it reduces the inevitable feeling of dissapointment once accepted.

Personally, I’m not clinging onto anything nor resigned to anything. I’m just contemplating doing some monitoring of the situation. Ashley will ultimately do what he thinks is best for him. I suspect he gives as much consideration to us plebs and his minions as he gives to ants trod underfoot. He has shown enough of himself to know he’s ruthless. Can’t be much fun for him. Not convinced it’s the best return on his money. He’ll sell if the price is right or the whim takes him. I’m pretty sure we’ll need to be in the PL for this to happen anytime soon.

If Swansea and West Brom are back in contention, we're fucked. Was kind of relying on a few teams fighting for one spot.

Swansea have a lush set of games too, this is hideous :anguish:

I agree, looking at the table. I’d have us as one of the favourites. All the other teams are strengthening where we are taking steps back. If we survive without any more signings it will be a miracle.

We're finished imo. Sinking like a stone whilst everyone around us is finding form. A long way to go but we're just so poor, and have some really tough games coming up that will put us- in every sense- in an extremely difficult situation.

What's the fucking point, lads? Think back to when we won the league last year, and now look at us. We're a club that is intent on going nowhere, there is no aim to do anything other than yo-yo between divisions. Give it time and that yo-yo will be between D1/D2.

We're out of the relegation zone on goal difference only, whilst losing tomorrow will put us in there with a difference of points. We then have to rely on not only other teams losing more than us from February-May, but on Dwight Gayle, Joselu, and Ayoze Perez scoring enough goals to keep us up. Our set-piece proficiency has deserted us, Shelvey doesn't contribute, which leaves us with the inexperience of Jacob Murphy and the reliable but un-prolific Atsu to get us over the line. I'm sorry, but we're just not good enough. Rafa has done a brilliant job, and may (hopefully) do an even better one come the end of the season, but this team is not built for the PL and it's showing badly.

With tomorrow being the last day of the window, and us not signing a new ST or anyone else bar Kenedy, a loss tomorrow will tip the place psychologically into panic-mode/despair/fury (one can but dream). 

Guest firetotheworks

Been through two of these with Ashley and it certainly feels like a relegation season.

It feels the most relegation-y like. In the past it was quality players needing a boost, these are fully boosted low-quality players. My whole hope for this season was for January, now that it's been, once again, a deliberate disaster, I'm certain we'll be relegated.

We've only won this season when our opponent has been completely in the s***. We just don't really belong in this league.

Everyone was still sucking Swansea off for their summer window when we beat them. Stoke had just had good results against Arsenal and Man Utd when we beat them at SJP. I get your point though.

Swansea beat Liverpool & Arsenal

Huddersfield beat Man Utd

Crystal Palace beat Chelsea

Bournemouth beat Arsenal

Stoke beat Arsenal

West Ham beat Chelsea

We comfortably lose every time, we just don't have the ability to beat these teams. And everytime we need a favour, we never get it.

I'm just starting to think it's inevitable, especially without any new players. We have nothing at all. It's unforgivable.

Swansea beat Liverpool & Arsenal

Huddersfield beat Man Utd

Crystal Palace beat Chelsea

Bournemouth beat Arsenal

Stoke beat Arsenal

West Ham beat Chelsea

We comfortably lose every time, we just don't have the ability to beat these teams. And everytime we need a favour, we never get it.

I'm just starting to think it's inevitable, especially without any new players. We have nothing at all. It's unforgivable.

Yup, solid post. We seem to have no belief or quality to beat any of the top teams.