Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just looked at the table (for only the second time since the start of the season)..... cannae believe we're only 3 points from "safety".  Haven't watched any other teams but they must be feckin horrific if they're down with us and not had the fixtures we've had.  That's the only thing that's stopping me from voting for a '10'.

On the down-side.....those three points might have to come in the form of three score-less draws.  Can't see us winning a match anytime soon.

Guest reefatoon

Just looked at the table (for only the second time since the start of the season)..... cannae believe we're only 3 points from "safety".  Haven't watched any other teams but they must be feckin horrific if they're down with us and not had the fixtures we've had.  That's the only thing that's stopping me from voting for a '10'.

On the down-side.....those three points might have to come in the form of three score-less draws.  Can't see us winning a match anytime soon.

The thing is, yes we have had hard games, but 10 games in now and it has pretty much evened itself up. on paper there has been 5 top teams and 5 games where we should have also got something (more than 3 points anyway).  We are writing off Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal. But we should have more than three points from Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Leicester (h), Brighton and Southampton. We can only use "played the top teams" for so long. It doesn't wash the longer the season goes on as we are not picking up points against the lesser teams.

Guest Howaythetoon

I still think he will find a way to keep us up, even if he is only allowed to spend pennies in January or bring in a loan or two.

In many ways taking off my crash and burn bitter specs for a moment, things are not so different right now as they were last year and although I don’t like how we play football, there is a clear game plan from Rafa when it comes to each game and the points up for grabs if you like.

Defensively no one has beaten us by more than 1 goal and we have kept a clean sheet 3 times away from hom and because of that we will always have a chance of collecting points. The key is to build on that defence and actually win games and that’s where we struggle and did last season.

At times we relied on set pieces or some clinical one off finishing and we are going to have to do that again and I fancy Rafa to find away once more. It’s going to be tougher than last season though because everyone else has strengthened and because of our winless start to the season.

What’s tragic is that had the owner released all the money recouped on sales and threw in say an extra 40m or so so we could have brought in one or two real quality attacking players who would help us going forward to turn 0-0s into wins or narrow defeats into draws. Had that happened we would be in much better shape and unlikely to be in a position of where it’s going to now be all about trying to stay up by hook or crook.

We haven’t built on last season at all and are regressing badly all the way to another relegation it would seem.

Guest Howaythetoon

Leicester beat us 2-0 at home.

Forgot about that one :lol:

Still I can see what Rafa is trying to do and although it’s not my cup of tea, it did work for us last season and could well do the same this season. It has to now, because there is no other way for us unless Rondon suddenly turns into Demba Ba and Kennedy HBA.

Leicester beat us 2-0 at home.

Forgot about that one :lol:

Still I can see what Rafa is trying to do and although it’s not my cup of tea, it did work for us last season and could well do the same this season. It has to now, because there is no other way for us unless Rondon suddenly turns into Demba Ba and Kennedy HBA.

:lol: Your point is still valid though, from the teams in real relegation trouble, we probably have best defence.

Obviously scoring goals is the problem.

Has there been an occasion in the Premier League where 4th bottom have only had 5 points after 10 games? Get the feeling we’d have been dead and buried in most seasons.

Portsmouth in 2005/6 on 7, 8/9/10 points since then for 17th so you're right there. Haven't gone back any further mind.

Guest neesy111

To me this highlights we need Schar or Lejuene playing at all times. We need that extra ability on the ball

:thup:

Either one should start.

A draw on Monday will keep us out of the drop zone. Today was a huge win. Back to back wins please.

B5x0WF9.png

Huddersfield win putting Fulham and Mitro bottom of the league would give some people something to talk about like

I haven't looked at the table in about 2 month and had no idea Fulham and Huddersfield were so bad like :lol:

I assumed Fulham would have been about mid table going off the Mitrovic thread.

They're conceding an average of 2.8 goals per game :lol:

A draw on Monday will keep us out of the drop zone. Today was a huge win. Back to back wins please.

B5x0WF9.png

Huddersfield win putting Fulham and Mitro bottom of the league would give some people something to talk about like

Fulham would have been bottom long ago without him like.