Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

9 now for me. Probably relying on staying in touch with 2 games to go and hoping ASM, Wilson & Almiron bail us out.

In the space of about a week I’ve went from ‘we need to be 4 ahead of Fulham’ before we visit to ‘we need to be within 2 points of them’ going into the last game. What a s*** show. [emoji38]

Think Fulham will be ok it’s between us and Brighton I feel now for the last spot. IF we are are roughly the same points after the Brighton match away and IF Wilson and Almiron return after the break, then we have a chance.

Fulham are on a great run at the moment but their attacking options are Decordova Reid, Maja and Mitrovic..add in Cavaleiro and Lookman

Areola has kept them in a lot of games with vital saves like Jotas the other day

Man for man we have better team/squad.. IWe are relying  heavily on our trio to return and hit the ground running

Would be the 3rd time we’ve done that. Glad we’ve learned our lesson.  :lol:

Aye that's absolutely staggering we keep thinking we will avoid relegation despite deliberately aiming for 17th. There again we are already low payers, would probably be impossible to attract anyone half decent if we put relegation clauses in. That's usually more a consideration for small clubs who know they can't sustain top league status.

f***ing delighted, Hope it costs Ashley a fortune if we go down. This was all so avoidable months back but no, he, Charnley, Barnes think they know everything

Hope it all blows back in their faces

Won’t cost him a penny. It’ll cost the club, not him.

f***ing delighted, Hope it costs Ashley a fortune if we go down. This was all so avoidable months back but no, he, Charnley, Barnes think they know everything

I mean the value of 'his' club will plummet.

Fulham are on a great run at the moment but their attacking options are Decordova Reid, Maja and Mitrovic..add in Cavaleiro and Lookman

Areola has kept them in a lot of games with vital saves like Jotas the other day

Man for man we have better team/squad.. IWe are relying  heavily on our trio to return and hit the ground running

Our attacking options are Wilson and ASM only, with a bit of Miggy. Currently it’s Joelinton.

Has there ever been a club ran as poorly as us at this level? Every single decision this regime makes just seems to defy any sort of logic.

Happy to pay 4 mil to hire Bruce but won’t pay the same to sack him when it inevitably went tits up. Penny pinch on transfers to save money but have no contingency plans in place in case the worst happens and we get relegated. I just can’t believe a multi million pound organisation can be so incompetent from top to bottom.

Its hard to buy they can be so tight they'd risk losing many times more money than doing the right thing, or spend £50million on Joelinton and Bruce instead of half of that on far superior Benitez and Rondon.

Its hard to buy they can be so incompetent as to make the same stupid mistakes everyone can see miles off time and time again, depsite the lessons of the past and get a club relegated at least twice, that was nowhere near a PL relegation battle before.

Sabotage makes perfect sense though. Often times it has been. Llambeeze literally threatened to f**k the club up and p**s the fans off with "you don't know how nasty we can be" - has anything happened that didn't fit that in that 13years since?

Ashley benefits to the same tune the club loses. Europe - good for the club, pest for Ashley. Relegation - bad for the club, little difference to Ashley even probably quite likes it, club shop funds diverted to Shirebrook - bad for the club good for Ashley, less sponsorship because Ashley's brands buy below market value to take up the spaces - good for Ashley, bad for the club.

Fit and proper though.

He's desperate to cash out now, enough to send the lawyers against the Premier League.

Not sure he'll get his 300 million in the Championship.

He's desperate to cash out now, enough to send the lawyers against the Premier League.

Not sure he'll get his 300 million in the Championship.

I wonder if MA could complete the sale in the EFL, but then sue the EPL to recover the lost difference in the value of the sale. 

The reduction in the club's value due to relegation would have been entirely attributable to Ashley (and Bruce's) own incompetence.  The EPL may have prevented Ashley from selling the club but they didn't make him run it into the ground. 

The reduction in the club's value due to relegation would have been entirely attributable to Ashley (and Bruce's) own incompetence.  The EPL may have prevented Ashley from selling the club but they didn't make him run it into the ground. 

Yep - “you hired and stuck by the worst manager in Premier League history, case dismissed”!

With the direction the Premier League is heading with all players being cunts, VAR being a total joke, and the "big six" being so high on themselves they forgot to actually end up in the top 6, i wouldn't mind getting relegated if it meant getting rid of this shithouse owner, and a good fucking bye to Steve Bruce. Anything else than this nothingness of a club. It can and should be so much more.

Yep - “you hired and stuck by the worst manager in Premier League history, case dismissed”!

It would be quite glorious if that were to be the reality.

I thought I was pretty pessimistic/realistic and I actually had us staying up, on just 32 points ahead of Brighton on 31. Had us getting one win - Sheff U home.  Probably too pessimistic about Brighton too though - hard to see them winning though, had us drawing with them.

I think 32 staying up might be a record though, or joint record.

Chronicle have updated this. https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-relegation-predictor-fulham-19866080

Have

15. Burnley, 42pts

16. Newcastle, 37pts

17. Brighton, 36pts

18. Fulham, 36pts

19. WBA, 24pts

20. Sheff Utd, 17pts

It's gonna go to the last day. :anguish:

kQIZxjW.png

Brighton to collect only 4 points from their last 11 games?  One of which is at home against us and another is against Sheff Utd.??