Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Imagine hoping that we go to the bottom of the league to improve our chances of staying up. F*ck me our situation is desperate.

Bigger picture , he’s right in truth. 

Just now, Dokko said:

I wonder if the club is now thinking this season is a bust and are now looking to next year to rebuild in the championship. We looked absolutely doomed, you’d be mad to want to join this shite as a manager or player. 

Thing is, a good CB with pace, a solid LB and a mobile, ball winning midfielder transforms our team.

Only 3 players. And in defence of Bruce (for the first time ever) he was on his knees begging Mike and Charnley for a CM and CB. Even he could see our limitations.

I'd bite someone's hand of for being 7 or less points adrift come January 1st. We can stay up, just need new manager in for Brighton and to have our targets signed in first week of January.

3 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Any new manager worth his salt should be able to keep us up with 30 odd games to go. For 18 of those they should have a much stronger squad to choose from.

However as things stand I think it’s three from four for the relegation places - us, Norwich, Burnley and Watford.

It all depends how quickly they gel. We could still be all over the place, come February.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Can’t remember us ever going 6 points from safety even in our last two relegations. This is dire.

I fear it’s going to get wider .

honestly man , this could only happen to us .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

I fear it’s going to get wider .

honestly man , this could only happen to us .

Might well do and especially by January. It's only right that we get the right appointment (not sure we will due to our current position), but every week that passes, the chances of that gap widening are very real. We have a run of games coming up, where there is the possibility of a few points (not saying we will mind); failure to do so will leave the task of staying up pretty bleak imho. We shall see what this week brings though. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

WUM.

:lol: Righto. We need a new manager and need one now. Our games up to Burnley could see some points but we're only getting them if Jones isn't the one picking the team and playing players out of position and benching our best options. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

20 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

8, honestly.

Only hope is that our exceptional circumstances could convince a Wilson or Willock to stay for one year in the Championship. ASM is probably a bit too far.

Even assuming Watford will drop, I don't see who on earth can be the 3rd team except us. Cut adrift and it'll likely increase by January.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

:lol: Righto. We need a new manager and need one now. Our games up to Burnley could see some points but we're only getting them if Jones isn't the one picking the team and playing players out of position and benching our best options. 

Yes but your inference is that they are just messing around, which there is no evidence of and that a change in manager would have seen a different result against Chelsea, which I'm doubtful of.

If we don't have someone by Brighton, let's talk.

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Even assuming Watford will drop, I don't see who on earth can be the 3rd team except us. Cut adrift and it'll likely increase by January.

You can always count on someone losing a few games. The issue is us not winning them.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It might be 6 points but it’s too early in the season to be too concerned with that. 

Even 6 points come January is realistic also. If it extends though between now and then, it has to be a concern as that's 3 clear games to make up.

25 minutes ago, Dokko said:

6pts adrift already. Reckon we'll be double that before we can get players in and by then it will be too late. 

Did a PL predictor thing a week back which had us at 15 points after 21 games, 10 points adrift. Don’t think I was being particularly harsh either.

Edited by McCormick